New video from FarSight

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I hope they have different options for this as personally I would prefer being able to set the DMD to simulate the original size it was on the table, then stick the GamePad charging dock in front of my TV, dock it, and play using the Wiimote or Wiimote and nunchuck. (for the triggers)

Although I would much prefer they ditch the GamePad completely if it meant they could run the game in 1080p with the DMD just back on the TV. The higher resolution it runs, the more zoomed out you could have the table so you could actually see the DMD in its normal location on the table anyway then.

I think a lot of people were really anxiously awaiting the PC version because there was talk that they might support people who built pinball simulators using a HDTV in portrait and a REAL DMD hooked up to USB. So clearly there is merit for trying to make the game as close to the real thing as possible, including keeping the DMD in the simulated table.

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Maybe you can set your touchscreen gamepad on the tv, or whereever you like. And play thebgame on tv with another classic nintendo controller.

That option would be nice.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm seriously leaning towards Steam on Mac for my "big screen" version, but I just never game on my Mac any more. If they had HID controller support or I could use a Wii Remote via the Bluetooth driver I picked up awhile ago it would be an easier decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

striggell

Nov 19, 2013
I think this is awesome. I've personally got a cabinet in my games room and in my lounge room I have the choice of pc, ps3, ps4 or wii u - I'd forgo ps4 graphics (if the wii u couldn't handle them) and play this on my wii u in my lounge room purely for the separate DMD. I can't stand a DMD sitting on my playfield screen when I play in landscape.

Hopefully some of this work may be able to carry over to full blown pc cabinet support too. Then all we need is backglass support and a proper portrait mode.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I think this is awesome. I've personally got a cabinet in my games room and in my lounge room I have the choice of pc, ps3, ps4 or wii u - I'd forgo ps4 graphics (if the wii u couldn't handle them) and play this on my wii u in my lounge room purely for the separate DMD. I can't stand a DMD sitting on my playfield screen when I play in landscape.

Hopefully some of this work may be able to carry over to full blown pc cabinet support too. Then all we need is backglass support and a proper portrait mode.

Don't hold your breath. This thread was started a year ago.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
With a release now hopeful, it should work as follows, with both options. The DMD would be on the gamepad, but when you use the Wii U pro controller, the DMD should revert to its normal on screen location. At least that's the way it works in Zen on the Wii U. I would assume the same here because, I have the habit of looking at the DMD on screen and playing with the pro controller on this system. So I hope to see the same option for controlling this on the Wii U as the other pinball app :) DMD on the gamepad if you prefer, or in the usual place on screen if you use the pro controller.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online