So, Attack from Mars has a Family Mode...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Fair point. I think "getting hosed" is a little too harsh, though.

Good point. I need to chill hahaa.

Heretic: I hear you, entitlement et al. I've spent close to 200$ so far on the game, FYI. I know that doesn't change the argument.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I owned an AFM for a couple of years and never even realised there was a Family Mode! It does seem to be a pointless mode to activate considering the mild nature of the lines. As many have said already - MM, SS, EATPM and BoP are all far less family-friendly than AFM.

Coincidentally, I used to play an AFM in a local Burger King and that definitely didn't have Family Mode enabled. I know the operator of that game and to my knowledge he never received a single complaint.

My big problem with Pro Mode (other than the relative cost of it) is that any change, even one that makes no difference whatsoever to the game's difficulty, makes it ineligible for any leaderboards. I personally always liked AFM on factory difficulty, so the only thing I would be changing is that darn Family Mode switch.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My big problem with Pro Mode (other than the relative cost of it) is that any change, even one that makes no difference whatsoever to the game's difficulty, makes it ineligible for any leaderboards. I personally always liked AFM on factory difficulty, so the only thing I would be changing is that darn Family Mode switch.

And you have to turn off family mode every time you go in because it doesn't save the settings. I'm not going to flake out until AFM is released. I hope they look at family mode on a pin by pin basis. Hopefully FS will see no need for family mode to be turned on in this case.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Since the overall game is rated E10 (Mild Suggestive Themes), as long as the DLC would be rated E10 with family mode off, we can ship it with family mode off.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you for the clarification on this Mike. It helps to understand where the decisions are coming from.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
so.......does that mean the standard version of AFM won't be cut? sorry I'm too tired to work it out for myself :confused:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Its kind of hard to run at the leaderboard when the top scores are from a different table that scores billions family mode ON/OFF your not getting 1billion on BH.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Family mode eh?
TPA VERSION EATPM
image-1-1_zpsd4606d3c.jpg

FAMILY MODE DECAL
image-28_zps1299947f.jpg

this decal was mandatory if it was going to be around kids.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Reminds me of the 'family moding' of a Pixar short called 'Knick-knack'. I get the reducing of the chick's boobs, but making them completely flat just drew extreme attention to it.

miami.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
theyd have to resubmit everything and theyre not going to do that! If it got bye it got bye. :p
Jhon Laseter used to come into a store where I worked in sonoma CA in his volkswagen bug but painted like a lady bug from bugs life to buy knick knacks :D

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
When did pro mode become a euphemism for "turning off family mode". While whether or not pro mode is worth it or not will be largely subjective, it's about having full access to the table menu and being able to change whatever you want... including family mode settings. If you pay for something and only use a fraction of it's features you can't say you paid the price for a feature. You paid for the entire thing and only utilized a portion of. There's no way that can be considered the product vendor's fault.

N

netizen

When did pro mode become a euphemism for "turning off family mode". While whether or not pro mode is worth it or not will be largely subjective, it's about having full access to the table menu and being able to change whatever you want... including family mode settings. If you pay for something and only use a fraction of it's features you can't say you paid the price for a feature. You paid for the entire thing and only utilized a portion of. There's no way that can be considered the product vendor's fault.

To quote mid 90s Wayans Brothers:
MESSAGE!!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts