Bug Android: Gorgar lane shift?

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey good people of pinball arcade! I absolutely LOVE all these tables! Just a little bug report, though not totally sure this is a bug since I never played this table in RL, however, has anyone noticed that you can't use the flippers to do lane shifts on the top of the play field? Forgive me if I have any of the terminology wrong as I honestly don't know all that much about pinball stratagies and game play, I just know I have to hit the ball with the flippers and make it go into certain places with lit :)

Keep up the awesome job guys! You have no idea how happy I am to have found these games! I am completely addicted! ;)

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Well that explains that! lol Ok, thanks for that. I actually have a couple other possible issues I have run into (different tables) I just need to find the correct places to put them. I am very new to this site as if you couldn't tell, but I look forward to getting to know some of you guys and learning a lot more about pinball and these tables! Thanks gooche77!

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
JERSEY STRONG! What part of Jersey? Where you here for Sandy? (Is it bad taste in this forum to chat with another user in the thread?)

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I live in Ohio now. Luckily I avoided Sandy but a lot of my family got hit. I used to live in Parsippany in NW Jersey. Yourself? We should be good on the non-sequitur.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Oh OK, that's like an hour north of me. I live in Eatontown right off exit 105 on the Parkway. We made it through Sandy with no issues but we lost out largest and oldest Oak in the Nor' Easter that came just after Sandy, so we were luck but I can't say the same for my Aunt and Uncle who lost their Custom Motorcycle shop in Union Beach and nearly lost the family home their.

Hey thanks for your help and kindness, I will be looking forward to chatting in the future and coming in here and learning much more about these tables and pinball game play. I love pinball and since I have been sick and out of work due to my illness for the last 4 years, finding these tables / game has really made my down time very enjoyable! I am on state aid for now until my Social Security Disability claim is approved so with the little money I have, I save it all to buy these tables as they are added! :)

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The first pinball machine to have "lane change" for lit rollover lanes was Firepower, in 1980, which was the year after Gorgar. The feature caught on pretty quickly after that, though Black Hole (from a different company) didn't have it.

The programmer on Firepower, who implemented the feature when Steve Ritchie suggested it, was none other than Eugene Jarvis, the creator of classic Williams videogames like Defender and Robotron: 2084.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey Matt, excellent trivia! Thank you for sharing that... Thats the kind of information I'm definitely interested in learning here in these forums. You guys are great!

Thanks a lot! :)

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
I'll have to give that a try, thanks!

Hey you guys here are definitely awesome, you guys don't hesitate to help out and throw out cool trivia ect... Is this how most everyone is around here? Seems like a very friendly site. Were you guys mostly all real pinball aficionado's before the Pinball Arcade came out?

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
An excellent source for this sort of thing is the Internet Pinball Database: http://ipdb.org

Cool deal. I had no idea that was around. I'm definitely going to check that out. Oh hey, I just recently learned that there is a pinball hall of fame only 15 minutes away from me which is said to have 100’s of machines all from between the 80's going back to the birth of the first tables to introduce microprocessors.

I suppose at this point I should take a trip over there and play some of the tables here with the ones there.. Now that wil be a good time!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Is that the pinball arcade in Asbury Park? I never heard of any of those places till I moved here. Unfortunately Ohio is a void of pinball.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Yes, it's the one in Asbury, though while it's only 15-20 minutes away from me, I don't generally drive due to my meds, so I have not been there yet. My Ex-wife has been there and said it was nothing special, but she does not have pinball fever like I do lol

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
IWere you guys mostly all real pinball aficionado's before the Pinball Arcade came out?

Hi. Yeah I was/am, but theres lots more virtual pinball out there than TPA. check your pm's

Unfortunately Ohio is a void of pinball.

huh? I played lots of pinball in columbus. check this site and start looking around. You will find theres tons of pinball in ohio.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/locator...trocentername=Columbus-Marion-Chillicothe, OH

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Most places have only 1 or 2 machines. Do you know of a place with many?

No I don't know a place with many pins out there now. I remember playing at arcade there and a few times and me and a buddy from dayton would go to a club there and they had several. Been bout 10 or so years ago haha. But nowadays 1 or 2 is a good find. I usually find the places online that might have them and call around and see what they got. Yea I'm THAT annoying guy that calls bars with stupid questions about pinball machines.

Members online

Members online