The single return lane at the lower left

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It's brutal! If the ball goes through the rollover lane below the pop bumper, it's amazingly hard to nudge it to pick the inlane, because it's in this constricted space until the last possible moment. This is probably the one place in TPA where I do a whole lot of tilting.

Has anyone had success with this, or is it just key to keep the ball away from the lower left quarter of the playfield entirely? If it's moving around the pop bumper counterclockwise, it sometimes seems to be possible to get it to skip over the narrow lane and head for the left flipper instead.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
yeah this is difficult. It seems more luck than skill as to whether nudging helps here? I tend to try and stop it going down the lane in the first place - you can nudge just below bumper to try and get it back to main flippers.

Anyone got 3 extra balls yet? Best I've managed is 2 - as hitting the targets on right side is not easy.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
What I do is when the ball is about to hit the inlane/outlane separator, I nudge left so the ball goes right and it works 80% of the time.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Just played a real Genie today!! It was in immaculate condition. The table had a slight lean to the right which made the outlane mentioned in this post almost an automatic save. Man, that was nice. I did notice that there is a post in between the flippers which we need in TPA!!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Just played a real Genie today!! It was in immaculate condition. The table had a slight lean to the right which made the outlane mentioned in this post almost an automatic save. Man, that was nice. I did notice that there is a post in between the flippers which we need in TPA!!

I could be wrong, but I think something is there between the flippers, we just can't see it - as usually, a SDTM shot will bounce back slightly, and sometimes even come back into play.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Well, I posted a pic of the post on TPA's facebook page as I'm not sure how to post the image here. I do not have this post on ios....

Update: I checked the ipdb.org site and there is no post on their machine. Apparently someone added the post to the Genie I played. Sure was helpful!!

Last edited:

Members online

Members online