Thread: The single return lane at the lower left

My Devices
    XBox 360, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The single return lane at the lower left

It's brutal! If the ball goes through the rollover lane below the pop bumper, it's amazingly hard to nudge it to pick the inlane, because it's in this constricted space until the last possible moment. This is probably the one place in TPA where I do a whole lot of tilting.

Has anyone had success with this, or is it just key to keep the ball away from the lower left quarter of the playfield entirely? If it's moving around the pop bumper counterclockwise, it sometimes seems to be possible to get it to skip over the narrow lane and head for the left flipper instead.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Nexus7, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah this is difficult. It seems more luck than skill as to whether nudging helps here? I tend to try and stop it going down the lane in the first place - you can nudge just below bumper to try and get it back to main flippers.

Anyone got 3 extra balls yet? Best I've managed is 2 - as hitting the targets on right side is not easy.
    xAZATOTHx : Android + Steam + Xbox

My Devices
    iPhone 5S, PC, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do is when the ball is about to hit the inlane/outlane separator, I nudge left so the ball goes right and it works 80% of the time.

My Devices
    XBox 360, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderbendr View Post
    What I do is when the ball is about to hit the inlane/outlane separator, I nudge left so the ball goes right and it works 80% of the time.
    My problem is doing it too early, so the ball just bounces off the right wall of the rollover lane.

My Devices
    mac, macbook pro, ipad, iphone, xbox one
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played a real Genie today!! It was in immaculate condition. The table had a slight lean to the right which made the outlane mentioned in this post almost an automatic save. Man, that was nice. I did notice that there is a post in between the flippers which we need in TPA!!

My Devices
    iPad Pro, 11.2.6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmmspt View Post
    Just played a real Genie today!! It was in immaculate condition. The table had a slight lean to the right which made the outlane mentioned in this post almost an automatic save. Man, that was nice. I did notice that there is a post in between the flippers which we need in TPA!!
    I could be wrong, but I think something is there between the flippers, we just can't see it - as usually, a SDTM shot will bounce back slightly, and sometimes even come back into play.

My Devices
    mac, macbook pro, ipad, iphone, xbox one
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I posted a pic of the post on TPA's facebook page as I'm not sure how to post the image here. I do not have this post on ios....

Update: I checked the ipdb.org site and there is no post on their machine. Apparently someone added the post to the Genie I played. Sure was helpful!!
    Last edited by ksmmspt; 03-11-2013 at 04:35 AM.

My Devices
    ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i was gonna say ... that is a semi-common mod that people do on older, brutal machines.