Attack from Mars table pack vs Pro table pack?

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys, Can someone please explain to me what the difference is between the attack from mars table pack and the pro pack? As I understand it from what I have read, the only difference other then the price is that the pro pack include the attack from mars table, attack from mars pro (???) table and genie?? What is the pro table? I can't seem to understand what makes this pro pack so much more expensive and what the "pro" is? I want to purchase these tables, but dont know whether its worth buying the 4.99 pack or the 7.99 pack for android.

Could someone please help me understand this?

Thanks!

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Sorry to sound so dumb here but what does the ops menus give you?? Im not really sure what that is?? Thanks for your very quick reply! :)

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
I will check that out, but in short for a dumb @$$ like myself, is the operators menu worth the extra $3.00 for someone who loves to play pinball? Or does it not really add much to the game play? Im reading that now while I reply with this. Thanks guys! Yall are awesome here with the really fast replies!

Addition: Does the pro affect your hall of fame scores or anything like that? I have a better idea of what the pro version is, but it doesnt seem worth the $3.00 extra for me since thats about equal to another table pack and I am on a very strict budget do to being on disability hence no real income :(

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Honestly, unless there's something specific you want to change in the settings, then no it's probably not worth it, especially if you're on a strict budget. Also, it disables the online leaderboards too. Hope that helps.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Ahhhhhh Thank you Jeff! That was exactly the answer I was looking for. Greatly appreciated! Hey, I am going to open a new general question / feature request thread. Please have a look at it, perhaps you will be able to shed some light on this new request for me!

You guys are the best!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I can understand why you wouldn't want to pay for something you aren't interested in, and in that context, the size of the price doesn't matter, but I think these are troubled times when paying $3 extra for a video game is considered "much more expensive".

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I can understand why you wouldn't want to pay for something you aren't interested in, and in that context, the size of the price doesn't matter, but I think these are troubled times when paying $3 extra for a video game is considered "much more expensive".

Yeah, but when you figure $3 extra per table and there are, for example, 10 tables...that's $30...so it adds up, especially for someone on a very strict budget.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012

Well, to put it into perspective, $3.00 is not "much more expensive" but for that same price on my very strict income, that $3.00 could either get the the "pro" which from what I have read doesn't seem like it would really add anything for my game play, or I could use that same $3.00 and put it towards the next table pack that comes out. Sadly until my SSD gets approved, my income comes only in the form of welfare, so my $3.00 is like $100 to most. It sure is troubled times in my kingdom. :(

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think pro mode is free on MM this month so you can check it out there and see if it is something you would actually use.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Apart from the relatively spicy pricing, I wich we'd get an opperator's keydoor-menu for Circus Voltaire. Set it to ten balls and HEY! it's fun again... screw the leaderboard.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Haahaa! Yeah the extra 3 buck for that feature to me just sounds like complete overkill! Oh and Jutter, I completely agree with you, no Pinball Arcade on Steam is a sad deal. I can't wait to see these tables on my PC's wide screen!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

The dollar amount doesn't matter. It might only be $3, but considering it's almost a 100% price increase then by any standard it is "much more expensive"

N

netizen

If you only care about the leader boards, then the operators menu probably isn't for you; you can count the HOF points from playing Pro Mode games toward your total if that's your thing too.

The operators menu will give you the closest simulation to actually owning one of these tables, in the digital format that is provided, compared to the free play arcade experience that not having it gives.

Truly it is up to each person to determine whether they think the cost is worth it, to them, for their own reasons, as each person will find individual features useful, or not, depending on their playing style and what they find interesting about pinball.

I feel ya on the tight economic means, but you don't have to make the decision now. If you can't afford the pro mode today, it can be purchased at a later date, it's not like you're locked out if you don't buy it right away.

I have to second the suggestion that MM is the Free table of the Month, and that the Pro Mode was included. Give it a whirl and see if you find anything in the operators menu that you find appealing.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Yeah see for me, I just had no idea what the pro referred to. Having had everybody so kindly respond helped me understand what it's for made all the difference for me, infact, the way you described it netizen, actually made even more sense by explaining that it "will give you the closest simulation to actually owning one of these tables" actually cleared it up even better! I mean I suppose it's a great feature for those that ever owned a machine or (like me) wish they could own a machine but could never afford one, though I still think the price is a little over kill, but it would be a very nice feature! I may try one out at some point, but right now is not a good time.

Anyway, you guys are always very awesome here and extremely helpful! You guys have made the Pinball Arcade that much more fun. Thanks everyone for helping out and discussing this! :)

night

May 18, 2012
The whole pro-pack idea was brought to life to get more money from the user base. Simple features that could be implemented in every new release are now sold seperately for an unreasonable amount. The same thing is happening with table packs. iOS and Android users could always buy individual tables, but with the new release of table pack 10 this is no longer possible, we have to buy the whole pack, even if it includes a table you love to hate. A lot of users seem to frown upon the pro-tables and I wonder how long it takes for FarSight to come back to their senses and just add these simple extra features to every new release. But I bet none of this is going to happen without a good plan to somehow get that extra chash from it's loyal users. When you start to see people as walking wallets something is wrong with your mindset. And FarSight's mindset is awefully wrong here. I am a custommer, a pinball player, not a bussiness plan.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Well it is good to know I'm not the only one who feels that the $$ was a bit over kill for features that i am not sure i would ever use.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The whole pro-pack idea was brought to life to get more money from the user base. Simple features that could be implemented in every new release are now sold seperately for an unreasonable amount. The same thing is happening with table packs. iOS and Android users could always buy individual tables, but with the new release of table pack 10 this is no longer possible, we have to buy the whole pack, even if it includes a table you love to hate. A lot of users seem to frown upon the pro-tables and I wonder how long it takes for FarSight to come back to their senses and just add these simple extra features to every new release. But I bet none of this is going to happen without a good plan to somehow get that extra chash from it's loyal users. When you start to see people as walking wallets something is wrong with your mindset. And FarSight's mindset is awefully wrong here. I am a custommer, a pinball player, not a bussiness plan.
Just my 2 cents.

Don't forget that a lot of players also purchase the pro packs so this argument is rather lopsided. And to be honest...in business, a customer IS part of the business plan.

In response to the pro pack being worth it here's the lowdown:

The pro pack is NOT needed to enjoy the game. If you just want to play the table as it is released and that is fun for you, don't buy the pro packs really. Yes compared to the table price, it is pricy but it is an extra and nothing more. It will not give you a competitive advantage and will shut off the leaderboards anyway. If you want to be able to tweak the table, adjust rules, set it to tournament mode, turn family modes off (if they are on), give yourself more balls to play, adjust the replay scores, adjust the replay rewards then by all means purchase it.

There's also the ability to drag the ball around the table and activate switches, which can help test modes and maybe even learn how different table modes are activated. There's also a mode to view the table close up (honestly though I find this mode to be kind of limited and disappointing).

I have purchased most pro modes, i like what it has to offer. Some don't and ultimately it's up to you and I repeat, it is NOT necessary in order to enjoy TPA as it was meant to be enjoyed.

Yes it's designed to make extra money for Farsight. Try the pro menu for Medieval Madness and see if you like it or if it's worth 3$ of your money, then, ultimately the decision is up to you, I'm sure nobody here nor Farsight will think less of you if you don't buy it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.