Android - Bug Oversized HUD on High Resolution Screen

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I just wanted to let you guys know that the HUD on Big Shot does not scale properly on some (or maybe all) high resolution screens. I'm playing it on a Nook HD+ with a 1920x1280 screen and the HUD is way too big. It covers the top part of the table as well as the lower half of the flippers. I generally have to disable it when I'm playing this table. It would be nice if I could leave it on so I could see my score while I'm still playing.

RESOLVED in 1.10.0

Last edited:
N

netizen

The HUD had been a known issue affecting a few devices. It was supposed to have been resolved in the 1.10.0 build for x-large displays.
I have the HUD displaying properly on my Nexus 10 finally.

However, if your Nook HD+ isn't showing a smaller HUD and you have the latest build, then be sure to email support@farsight.com with your info; model of device, version of OS, etc.

You can also post it here or in the Android Bug thread here. Ryan, one of the Android team devs, makes regular visits to the forum to have a look for new and strange things.

N

Nik Barbour

Doesn't the Nook HD use its own app store? (ie. Not the standard Android Google play store.)

Latest table pack 'Genie/AFM' might not have released on that format yet.

If so, a fix is probably in the pipeline that hasn't yet been made available.

N

netizen

I didn't know that Nook devices had an app store. I was under the impression that nook devices had to be cracked to run a fully functional OS, or there was a lot of side loading going on in the world of dual purpose ereaders.

N

Nik Barbour

I didn't know that Nook devices had an app store. I was under the impression that nook devices had to be cracked to run a fully functional OS, or there was a lot of side loading going on in the world of dual purpose ereaders.

I'm not positive myself, but remember reading something about it from a Tech radar review in December. It was a Nexus7 - Kindle wildfire hd - nook hd+ comparison.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Yeah, the Nook does have its own app store which I don't believe has TPA at all yet. I have (or had) mine rooted and added Google Play and the Amazon App store. I'm playing the version from Amazon which appears to be 1.9.0. It looks like I'll just have to wait for Amazon to put up the new version. That's fine, I'm just glad to hear it was fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.