Special wizard goal

Fritti

Jul 27, 2012
OK, after having spend another night hearing "nice organ" a lot, getting to 5 (!) completed Dead Head sets on one ball only to have it drain from the bumpers without any possibility of nudging changing the ball trajectory, I'm seriously wondering: why did they make this a wizard goal?

Scratch that, I just want to complete the trophy set on PS3 -- is there an alternate actual strategy to getting it, other than starting a bunch of games, shooting the BBQ bonus, and letting all balls drain if it isn't the special?

[in case this is not clear: yes I'm frustrated right now, I'll be fine tomorrow and ready for another go]

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
My recommendation would be to just relax, enjoy the table, and the longer you play it, the more likely you are to get a special through either method. In other words, don't be so fixated on the wizard goals / trophies. Just try to enjoy the game.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I got my special from the BBQ bonus. It took forever, but eventually I got lucky. I just exited the table if I didn't get the special and started again.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I got my special from the BBQ bonus. It took forever, but eventually I got lucky. I just exited the table if I didn't get the special and started again.
Wow, this is good to know, thanks. I'm awful at the Deadhead shots. I'm enjoying this table, even though it's a bit low-scoring and repetitive.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
I find this goal far too easy. I've recently twice got the special from the barbeque bonus without even aiming for it. Kinda glad its like that, though, because aiming for the deadheads is foolish.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Yeah, if you really want to nab it the best way is to shoot BBQ and restart if you don't get it. Not a whole lot of fun, but then again, neither is trying to do it the deadhead way, almost getting there and then draining.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
For the pre dot matrix period, this table is actually fairly high scoring. Pound the heck out of the slide, repeat until you have the million and all the elvira letters, then shoot the skull. DO it again. if the ball gets to the left flipper shoot the right ramp until you are full of extra balls. :)

N

netizen

For the pre dot matrix period, this table is actually fairly high scoring. Pound the heck out of the slide, repeat until you have the million and all the elvira letters, then shoot the skull. DO it again. if the ball gets to the left flipper shoot the right ramp until you are full of extra balls. :)

That strategy gets you the Special goal how?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
sorry the post was missing a quote.

Yeah, i suggest just constantly relighting the bbq bonus over and over again till it gives you the special. but don't quit out if you fail to get it, because that resets the rom state back to 'just powered on'. If you instead play out your games, and make an effort to relight the bbq bonus (and drain a lot because of it), you are much more likely to get that special, because you give time for self percenting to kick in.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I finally actually LIT THE SPECIAL legitly.

I discovered it alternated between left outlane, right outlane, and not lit at all, as near as I could tell.

Who wold have guessed it was on the right ramp?

sigh...

i failed to collect it.

finally that bbq bonus took pity on me, after about the 200th time i got it. jeesh.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online