Leaderboard Problem?

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
Hey guys, Long time no post.

So, I've been playing the heck out of Genie, and I'm loving it way better than it was on the PSP Gottlieb collection... but the top two scores on the leaderboard seem fishy. Unless someone has been playing nonstop for ages, I have no idea how someone could get a billion plus points on this one, much less 343 million, which is score number 2. Are there people out there that are really that good, or is someone hacking?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
yeah - this is either some scoring bug or more likely a hack of the leaderboards. Genie was my fav table, but given these scores I've no longer got the incentive to go for the top spot. Was very disappointed to see these scores appear.

This is why I prefer the Xbox platform - far less likely to have the leaderboards hacked (maybe I'm wrong on this?)

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
back on PHoF for the Wii, I once got the ball stuck on this table. it got stuck bouncing in a triangle pattern between the right bumper and a pair of posts over on that side of the table. the ball repeated this pattern for over an hour without any input from me, until i finally nudged the table, interrupting the pattern. maybe this or something similar happened to the two people with those scores.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Either way I don't think they are valid scores. I wish FS would take the leaderboards more seriously. For me the leaderboards are one of the main incentives to keep playing.

Luobo

Mar 19, 2013
I currently have the 3:rd highest score on Genie with some 300+ million points. How dare you question the legitimacy of my score and my pinball skills?! :mad:

No, just kidding. My score is due to a bug that registers the score from the wrong table, in my case Attack from Mars. (For those who haven't played AFM, that is not a very impressive score - you can get 300 million points playing blind folded. Had I been aware of the bug and really wanted to take advantage of it, I would easily have been able to get a couple of billions and claim first place.)

This bug is what I think is the reason for several of the fishy scores. So when you see a score that is unrealistically high, and it almost seems like it belongs to another table, it's because it should belong to another table! Naturally, I will not give away any details how to replicate the circumstances of the bug, it's bad the way it already is.

I think it's a shame Pinball Arcade is such a buggy game and that you can't trust the high scores. I wouldn't mind if FarSight removed my score, because it's not legit and it doesn't belong there. (Heck, I don't even like playing Genie.)

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Thank you for that account of things Luobo. The leaderboards don't mean anything to ME, but some people around here seem to lose SLEEP over this issue. I did think it was odd that somebody would bother hacking something so trivial; it's nice to find there's an explanation that doesn't have a 15 yr old weasel at the bottom of it! Of course it WOULD suggest that Farsight has known all along that this was happening. I remember them saying they planned to get to the bottom of the impossibly high scores on the leaderboards, and it leaves me thinking now they were perfectly HAPPY to let us believe their boards were being hacked by an outsider, rather than let us think it's yet another bug that is squarely on them (granted one that doesn't "bug" me.)

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I wonder if this is what that azr07 person did... he logged 100 million on both Big Shot and Taxi on the same day. They deleted the Big Shot one, but not the Taxi one. 100M on Taxi would be believable normally, but due to the Big Shot score it's obviously bogus.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.