Bug The Right Orbit Physics Error is Still There!!!!!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Balls leaving the right orbit sometimes go straight down, like they're supposed to, but other times arc out at an angle, for no apparent reason, usually between the flippers or some other area you don't want the ball to be. I thought FS said they'd fix it. They didn't.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Ryan confirmed it was an issue and said they would investigate it - no fix time given. (I've played the real table quite a bit and the right orbit never does this). Given MM has a similar issue with the left ramp, I'm not expecting a quick fix which is a shame.

This issue takes the edge off the table for me.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Ryan confirmed it was an issue and said they would investigate it - no fix time given. (I've played the real table quite a bit and the right orbit never does this). Given MM has a similar issue with the left ramp, I'm not expecting a quick fix which is a shame.

This issue takes the edge off the table for me.
Considering the ramp is still not fixed, I suspect this one will never be either. Shame, it was such a great table otherwise.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
What's wrong with a bit of randomness?

it's just annoying that at speed the ball can suddenly drain between the flippers and there is nothing you can do about it. Why not introduce randomness so the ball suddenly disappears every now and then!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
it's just annoying that at speed the ball can suddenly drain between the flippers and there is nothing you can do about it. Why not introduce randomness so the ball suddenly disappears every now and then!

Learn to nudge and prevent it, real tables are unpredictable too...

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
agreed real tables are full of randomness + spin + chaos theory. However on the real table I could put the ball down the right orbit a thousand times and it would never behave in the random manor that is does in TPA. The ball should follow the path of the rail - it's like a hidden pin suddenly pops up every now and then to deflect the ball.

night

May 18, 2012
Don't worry people, if we see how fast FarSight took care of the bugs in Cirque Voltaire then our problems are over very soon..

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
I have noticed this on my Kindle Fire. I assumed it was an intended thing but if it's not it's really annoying!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
It's only gaming breaking fixes that get addressed during the beta phase. Anything else is just added into the pot for future fixes.

Not sure it will be addressed anytime soon to be honest. Left ramp on CC does something similar too.

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
I agree the ball should follow the path of the rail and be like the real table. It's very annoying and I hope they fix it.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
its a little bit annoying but not as much as the ball speed being way off its going warp speed they fixed this in older tables but now they are doing it again i think all this is due to the ball weight being changed and other things are being changed in a negative way.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
its a little bit annoying but not as much as the ball speed being way off its going warp speed they fixed this in older tables but now they are doing it again i think all this is due to the ball weight being changed and other things are being changed in a negative way.

This often seem to happen when you do a series of combo shots. Like in ST:TNG, you shoot the left lane for Warp, and then use the right upper flipper and shoot the left ramp for another warp. When the ball comes down from the ramp into the right inlane it sometimes have insane ammount of momentum so there is no way to catch it.
Or the ball going around the loops in lightspeed and drain straight down the middle hehe.

Last edited:

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
This often seem to happen when you do a series of combo shots. Like in ST:TNG, you shoot the left lane for Warp, and then use the right upper flipper and shoot the left ramp for another warp. When the ball comes down from the ramp into the right inlane it sometimes have insane ammount of momentum so there is no way to catch it.
Or the ball going around the loops in lightspeed and drain straight down the middle hehe.

i am running in 720p again and it definitely helps i have always been able to save straight down the middle drains i just nudge and flip at the same time it usually works a lot provided i am focused, doing fast warp shots on stng is a major pain at the moment :p i need to get the timing right but nothing is more irritating then those STNG left & right drains tho :(

that right orbit on AFM is starting to be a nuisance the more it happens it catches me off guard at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.