Three Balls or Five?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I think the option to choose fewer balls with higher scoring targets is very interesting. Which game do you choose? Three ball or Five?

I've been playing five, but I'm wondering if the key to a huge score is crazy luck with the three ball scoring.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'll be honest I hadn't even spotted the 3 ball option. Given more points are available I think I will give it a go. Thing is with Genie - you can lose 2-3 balls in very quick succession, the 5 balls give you a nice buffer.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think the option to choose fewer balls with higher scoring targets is very interesting. Which game do you choose? Three ball or Five?

I've been playing five, but I'm wondering if the key to a huge score is crazy luck with the three ball scoring.
I've been playing 5, but the same thought crossed my mind. I'm going to switch to three for a week and see which I prefer.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the scoring based on number of balls is mentioned in the rules ............. doesn't mention about the setting for it though.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've tried setting it to 3. Even with the score advantage, I never come close to the scores I get with 5.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Just crashed my old high score using three balls. If you can stay alive, the advantage might be with three.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
The more I play, the more I believe 5 balls is best. Gotta have as many balls, extra balls, and 5x bonuses as possible.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My scores aren't a whole lot different using either 3 or 5. But I seem to score a little better using 5. But this may be do to my inconsistent play.

Has anyone that consistently scores well (averages around 750,00 per game) on Genie tried both 3 and 5 ball yet? I think the difference, if any, would show more easily this way.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
I just tried three ball mode for the first time today and I scored 1,700,00 and earned three extra balls. It seems to be working better for me than five ball mode so I think I'll stick with it for a while and see what happens.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I just tried three ball mode for the first time today and I scored 1,700,00 and earned three extra balls. It seems to be working better for me than five ball mode so I think I'll stick with it for a while and see what happens.

I am going to have to agree. The most I scored was in the tournament, around 1.7M with 5 balls. I just finished a game at 1.35 with 3 balls and earned only 1 extra ball during that game. I had a chance for more the other 3 balls but missed my shots.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
My scores aren't a whole lot different using either 3 or 5. But I seem to score a little better using 5. But this may be do to my inconsistent play.

Has anyone that consistently scores well (averages around 750,00 per game) on Genie tried both 3 and 5 ball yet? I think the difference, if any, would show more easily this way.

Just a follow up. Been using 3 balls for a couple days now and crushing the scores and my average almost everytime. 2M, 1.6M, 1.4M scores in the last 20 games.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
3 ball with extras aplenty is the way to 3 million, even still that would be a loooong boring game to actually get there. I seem to score best if I can consistently send the ball to the mini playfield, and make a few shots at a time in there, and obviously pumping the multipliers in between. 5 ball is just a slower more painful way to get there, either way ur gonna need tons of bonus hole awards, and plenty of extras...it stands to reason that one would subconsciously force themselves to improve faster given tighter boundaries, and it should hold true here

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Grave dig, I know, but this is a relevant post.

Anyway, as far as choosing between 3 balls and 5, I usually get about the same score either way it's just that the 3 ball game goes faster.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Grave dig, I know, but this is a relevant post.

Anyway, as far as choosing between 3 balls and 5, I usually get about the same score either way it's just that the 3 ball game goes faster.

LOL, I know right? I actually busted 3M with 5 ball mode. I think inspector used 3 ball mode. Even though I lobbied for 3 ball above I don't think it matters. maybe use 5 ball to learnt he table, then go for a run using 3 for the scoring?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Yeah. I kept switching back and forth. I'm honestly not 100% sure, and the thought of revisiting the experience makes me shudder. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.