3,000,000 Wizard Goal Too Challenging?

arttq

Oct 8, 2012
Oh yeah, got 3 million today using the 3 ball strategy. The extra ball glitch also happened once which allowed me to stack one extra ball.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Haven't broken a million yet... but then again, I haven't even read the rules on this thing yet. I'm just banging the ball around, trying to get it to the upper left all the time.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I have been trying to do this as of late, and it is really starting to piss me off. I had one game where I broke a million on ball one, but my next four balls only equaled a little over 400 thousand combined. And then this happened again! Twice. Aaaaargh. I am reluctant to going back to three balls because when I was trying it with three, I didn't do so well.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I have been trying to do this as of late, and it is really starting to piss me off. I had one game where I broke a million on ball one, but my next four balls only equaled a little over 400 thousand combined. And then this happened again! Twice. Aaaaargh. I am reluctant to going back to three balls because when I was trying it with three, I didn't do so well.

Before I reached the goal, I had numerous games like this. Frustrating to get that far, but imagine some of those that made it just under 3M.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Before I reached the goal, I had numerous games like this. Frustrating to get that far, but imagine some of those that made it just under 3M.

That would suck. And that is probably going to happen to me at some point because I am not giving up. Hopefully I will complete this before the next DLC pack comes to ps3

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
What kind of strategy do you use in order to score (you who managed to score 2M+)?

- What do you aim for (consistently)?
- How do you avoid the left drain? ... and all other drains
- Which extra ball do you aim for?
- Do you have any fool proof way of hitting the extra ball / special / bonus collecting-hole on the right side?

It's usually by having a consistent, fail-safe way that will lead you to high scores. I love Medieval Madness, White Water etc for this. You can control the game but they still are fast enough to give you a challenge. Genie...well, not so much.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I go for the extra ball first by shooting the drop targets in the upper playfield. I think the extra ball target in the upper playfield, which is lit by the rollovers is easier to hit, but it is harder to get the four rollovers. But if it is lit before I complete a set of drop targets, I will shoot at that. If the ball is on the left flipper, I shoot at the spinner and hope it bounces to the upper playfield. If it is on the right flipper, I either let it roll to the tip and try to shoot at the upper playfield or shoot the spinner. I don't usually care if I light the special or extra ball from the drop targets. Either way, hitting the lit extra ball/special targets are risky because if you miss, I find that the ball almost always goes by the bumper by the left outlane.

Once I have that, I max out the bonus multiplier. If the targets aren't lit, I shoot at the spinner, which will usually give me a bumper hit that will light the target. Sometimes it goes into the upper playfield, which messes with the yellow drop targets I am trying to light.

Once I have the multiplier at 5x, I try to find a way to hold the ball on the left flipper, have it roll down, but not too far and hit the bonus hole. I noticed sometimes my aim is spot on with this for multiple times and sometimes I just miss completely multiple times in a row. Rarely, the ball will eject from the bonus hole and head for the SDTM drain and it is very hard to save it without tilting.

Anyway, once I collected the bonus, I shoot at the upper playfield to advance the bonus, unless the spinner is lit, then I will shoot at that. Once the bonus hole is lit, I shoot at that again. Rinse and repeat. (In a perfect world anyway. Usually, I am lucky to get through all of these steps once on a ball.)

I noticed that, while it is fairly easy to transfer the ball from the left flipper to the right, it is REALLY difficult to transfer it from the right flipper to the left. This is a skill that would come in handy for shooting at the extra ball/special target on the right and the bonus hole, but it is too risky for me.

I avoid the left drain by nudging slightly left just before the ball hits the separator (not sure what the technical term is for this.) This works a good percent of the time if you get the timing right. If it starts to go down the left side, I nudge left hard twice in rapid succession. If it doesn't tilt, on rare occasions, it could be saved.If the ball hits the bumper and goes directly down, I am usually f*cked. To prevent a right side drain, I usually nudge up when it looks like it is going down. This works some of the time. Just be sure that it is going to drain or you could drain a ball that would ordinarily be saved.

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Gorgar: Thanks for your extensive guide.

I read about the 3M-goal not registering before. Is that still a problem? I don't want to attempt this only to realize the goal is not ticked off!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I have just this one Wizard Goal left, but this game manages to be both boring and incredibly frustrating at the same time. I see no charm in it whatsoever...

...and I see hardly any points over 1M either :)

I can't really find any system or strategy that seems to work better than any other. The balls seems to move randomly all over the table with very little control from my side. It's very difficult to aim, impossible to switch flippers and no Hallelujah-shots to relieve you from the pain occationally either (extra ball shots always happen by random, bonus hole close to random).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I only broke 2 Million twice. I really haven't been playing much within the last few weeks. Is this not registering in game or just in game center? I am using the PS3 version, so I think that as long as it registers in game, it will give me the trophy and the ability to turn off tilt. If it doesn't, what a waist of time. Farsight needs to fix this ASAP.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Good, in a way then. Now, I won't have to bother about this goal. I can't imagine the frustration of trying 100+ times only to not get it to register.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So how many people have hit this Wizard goal on the PS3?
I've tried it quite a few times and RARELY have I scored over 1 million points.

I'd really like to know who set this goal so high and if they are in fact a wizard.

This goal makes Big Shot, Medieval Madness, and Ripley's Wizard Goals look easy in comparison.

Is there any chance they could change this (PS3 version), to say, 1,000,000??

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
This is definitely the toughest wizard goal in my mind by far. I'm still trying for it but I've often wondered if the 3,000,000 mark was a typo or something. Even if it were 2,000,000 there still wouldn't be that many people to have done it.

It looks like 11 people have done it on PS3. I cross-referenced PSNTrophyLeaders.com and PSNProfiles.com with the in-game leaderboard. Its possible that some others could be out there but these are probably all of them (I added some from the leaderboard onto PSNTL which updates immediately).

http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/view/pinball-arcade-ps3/66
http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1416-Pinball-Arcade/66-Genie-Wizard

There are also just a couple that have done it for PS Vita:

http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/view/pinball-arcade-psvita/66

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.