Damn this table is hard!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
After all this time, playing on ipad 3, I still haven't got the high score on this table!. Its just so freeking fast!. I would go as far as saying its the fastest/smoothest table available so far and apart from a few miss-aligned inserts I can't find fault with it.

N

Nik Barbour

I normally play with a moving portrait camera 1 on other tables. Started with that on taxi, but changed to a locked view, and found my scores doubled just because I could judge the ball movement better for this table with a static camera, therefore I was nudging better.
You can quickly flick the camera lock off if the ball gets up in the CAB rollovers, then flick it back on when you're not.

But..... If you're already locked view, that's not gonna help.

I have found you can nudge to get pretty much whatever spinout reward you want. Deliberately weak plunge, ball spins counter clockwise. Nudging table to the right at 7 o clock pos advances it one more revolution. If you overdo it nudge table right as ball gets to about 11 position which either slows it down or stops it dead. Bet you can't do that on a real one.
Not played this much since its release though.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for the tips guys. I do like a low view, portrait 4 scrolling so maybe that doesn't help.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yep higher angles, fixed camera, and go for the loops. That is the way to go for sure.
Table is too fast for the roaming camera. One of the best looking TPA tables.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
yep, as others have stated, don't worry about loading up your taxi with passengers. just hit the loops, light the millions, collect, repeat.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Man, somebody just got 100,000,000. I was hoping my score would stick for a while. Not sure when or if I might be motivated to catch that one.

N

netizen

It's odd that the suggested PAPA strategy for Taxi is totally opposite to how it gets played by the majority of players on TPA it seems. Although, the jackpot seems to score more on this video than on TPA iirc :confused:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Man, somebody just got 100,000,000. I was hoping my score would stick for a while. Not sure when or if I might be motivated to catch that one.

I think this 100,000,000 guy (azr07) is a cheater, because although this score is feasible enough, he also scored 100,000,000 on Big Shot, and that just seems flat out IMPOSSIBLE.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
It's odd that the suggested PAPA strategy for Taxi is totally opposite to how it gets played by the majority of players on TPA it seems. Although, the jackpot seems to score more on this video than on TPA iirc :confused:

The jackpot is cumulative across multiple games, so you COULD encounter a 4 million jackpot on the real table. It's always going to be 500k (or just over) on TPA though, unless you play several consecutive games without ever exiting and re-entering the table.

Also, any real Taxi table will not let you combo the two ramps so easily. The million is much harder to get and you certainly won't be getting it 10,20,30 times like you can in TPA.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I just bought the real thing. After some basic cleaning, new rubbers and balls and service to the mechanical components, I have to say its the fastest machine I ever saw. I had to replace the left ramp as it was broken where the ball hits the ramp after a drac kick out. I also had to bend the metal end of that ramp a little. When the ball returns to the left inlane it was so fast, it could happen that it hops over to the left outlane.

Man, I love this machine! Not even F14 is that fast, yet it's close ;-)

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
The jackpot is cumulative across multiple games, so you COULD encounter a 4 million jackpot on the real table. It's always going to be 500k (or just over) on TPA though, unless you play several consecutive games without ever exiting and re-entering the table.

whoa that sounds exploitable! what's to stop someone from (tediously but without any risk at all) building up like, a 100 million jackpot over 100 intentionally bad games?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
whoa that sounds exploitable! what's to stop someone from (tediously but without any risk at all) building up like, a 100 million jackpot over 100 intentionally bad games?

I've tried doing that. It caps off at 4 mil but still, I was trying to attain the scores I used to get in PHOF. I failed.
1. The bumpers aren't as lively so getting the jackpot up is tedious.
2. I kept winning the jackpot prematurely. It's so easy, it happens by accident.

So now I play Attack from Mars, cuz its just fun.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
I've tried doing that. It caps off at 4 mil but still, I was trying to attain the scores I used to get in PHOF. I failed.
1. The bumpers aren't as lively so getting the jackpot up is tedious.
2. I kept winning the jackpot prematurely. It's so easy, it happens by accident.

So now I play Attack from Mars, cuz its just fun.

Think of it as a well-worn Taxi, with tired servos on the bumpers. : )

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Not worth the trouble when the freeway ramp million could be scored 4 or more times in less time and with more ease.

Members online

Members online