Request 100 Million HAS to equal cheater, doesn't it?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Someone (something like azr07) posted over one hundred million on this table (almost exactly). It's as if he found a way to just play forever, and decided to quit right then. It was also done on mobile, and we all know if there's anything that you can cheat with, it's IOS or Android (via jailbreak/root cheat utilities)

There's just no way I can buy that someone scored one hundred times more than the next highest.

The same guy also posted an almost identical score on Taxi, and both of these right around the same time.

I CALL SHENANIGANS.
Can that be looked into?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
One highscore, I can't remember which one (Gorgar, or Taxi), was from "www.zenstudios.com".

That is Gorgar. But that score is feasible, considering you can hit the 15,000 left eject over and over safely, if you're very patient and accurate. That was how I got my 4.5M there.

Big Shot though... I can't see any possibility of such a safe and repeatable thing. It has to be a cheat.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
This punk azr07 also posted a first place score of 205 Million in Black Hole , with the next highest being 23Million.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
That's why I only care about my own scores. When there are HUGE gaps between 1st and 2nd, there's only one logical answer.

Shenanigans.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
That's why I only care about my own scores. When there are HUGE gaps between 1st and 2nd, there's only one logical answer.

Shenanigans.

Yeah, I agree, the leaderboards are hosed... 104 billion on TNG? 5.5-6.2 billion on Medieval Madness (from the same person, no less)? 7 billion on No Good Gofers? I'm no pro, but those scores sound almost impossible for a real table. Makes you wonder what they do to get those scores... Maybe they should add a rule that people can't pause the game to get leaderboard access.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
We will be dealing with this soon.

Thanks Rob.

Is Farsight implementing some type of SSL or more robust hashing so you can't use hacking tools on the leaderboards? Surely it wouldn't be hard to implement a more permanent fix to this ongoing issue?

Leadearboard bragging rights are important to some users (I'm not personally one of them), so having this fixed in a more permanent way would be great.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks Rob, that's good to hear.

Personally, I'd love to have the leaderboards wiped out and start over. Easy for me to say as my best score is only top 500 on Funhouse but so many of the tables have changed so much over the last year that the scores are no longer relevant.

Tabe

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012

Awesome, thanks

Thanks Rob, that's good to hear.

Personally, I'd love to have the leaderboards wiped out and start over. Easy for me to say as my best score is only top 500 on Funhouse but so many of the tables have changed so much over the last year that the scores are no longer relevant.

Tabe

But nooooo, not this drastic! I have two #1s... heh
(That is, as soon as I get one of them back)

Looking at the leaderboards on the PS3 shows you who are mobile users, or at least, I'm assuming when it says (Mobile) next to an entry that these are Android/IOS users. And it seems most if not all of the ridiculous scores (and definitely this azr07 character) are mobile. Consoles are more or less secure (at least when it comes to online games), but mobile definitely is not. I have personally seen apps on android that help you cheat in games. If you remember devices like Game Genie, etc, there are homebrew tools like this floating around. You could, for example, find the byte(s) in the game that change "Ball 1" to "Ball 2" and make it so you are always on ball one no matter how many you have lost. Or, you could find the scoring values of things and just jack them up.

In short, I don't think they're hacking the leaderboards directly. They are hacking the game, then playing it with cheats enabled until they get the score they want.

If that is the case, a permanent fix would be some kind of anti-tampering checksums built into the code. Hopefully it's easier than that, but that's what I'm thinking.

Last edited:

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I think this is another good case for seperate console & mobile leaderboards. By all means, keep the integrated leaderboard, but have another leaderboard for each platform. Just a suggestion.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
On a related note, I scored 378,000 last night and it won't register. Bummer because I may never have that good of a game again, with this table being so random.
The score shows under "Friends", but hasn't posted on the overall board.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Do people get off from cheating or something?

Sadly mate, yes. He (or she, let's not be sexist here), is probably thinking that we're all in complete awe of their amazing abilities and go to sleep at night wishing we could be HALF the player they are. In reality, of course, we just think they're a ****. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.