Looping for trapdoor more difficult - has the sound/visual changed.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
So, the conclusion for this is that "rhytmical shots" are the only way to make this at the moment? I have made 2/3 of the trapdoor shots but haven't really been close to the 1M shot. I did this by rhytmical shooting. The main problem with this though is that the looping time is not consistent which makes it virtually impossible...

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I have now tried numerous ways of trying to make this shot and have come to the conclusion that it is more or less impossible. It is just not something one can learn to do, it is just a matter of doing it enough so that you might eventually be lucky enough to get enough consistent loop shots. Someone mentioned 4 days to get it done...although I am semi-obsessed of making all wizard goals, I guess this is where I draw the limit.

Hope for an update on this but I am not very hopeful this will be prioritized. I assume they have to change a lot on the table in order to make this loop shot any easier.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
It shouldn't be that difficult to fix, they broke it easily enough. This table used to play perfect for me so the tweaking certainly hasn't improved it.

Apr 8, 2012
The trapdoor looping goal took me a very long time to complete (about 3 weeks of trying) when I did it last year. Are you sure something has changed to make it even harder? I was getting seriously frustrated trying to finish it originally, I can't imagine it being worse now, but I feel for you if it is. I too found that it was totally a "feel" shot. There was no possible way to reliably gauge when you should flip otherwise.

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
This is the only goal I have left on this table. I am finding it impossible to accomplish. Almost ready to give up :(

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
crazyflipperfingers: I cannot be 100% sure but I can't remember the trap door shot being THIS difficult to make. I can hardly make one shot at it nowadays and I can't remember it being all that difficult before. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

On all tables in this game, I have been able to find out one way or another to reach a certain goal but not on this one. Sometimes it only works during multiball, sometimes you need to get it through random (like the Special on Elvira and the party monsters) but I always get them in the end. The annoying part is that I actually already got this goal ticked but all my goals were reset some time ago and I had to to them all again.

I really don't have much hope of Farsight fixing this bug though considering how there are so many larger bugs in the pipeline (I have emailed them about the issue). So, I guess it is either try a few hundred times and make it on random or just wait and hope they fix it...

Has anyone made this goal recently, on an iOS-machine? Do you have any tips on how to do it?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I started another thread to make it more obvious to everyone but a solution to this is...to change the ball custom skin! If you change it into a red ball, you will be able to see it under the ramp and this will make the shot way easier! :)

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
I must say I used to milk this trapdoor jackpot in multiball on Playstation. On the iPad, however, I cannot even get the 3 mill jackpot wizard goal. Today I had two balls, cradling and passing. Sending one up to the hallway to set up the shot, and missed it over and over and over again! I feel like there must be some view setting that must make it more doable! Anyone find a good camera set up to hit the trapdoor?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.