Shuttle Simulation makes me want to pull my hair out...

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
Supposedly the Shuttle Simulation is easiest part of TNG, but I can't seem to do it. I've heard it all before... 3 lefts, 3 rights, etc, but I can never make it to the end. Maybe it has something to do with the DMD being so small, I don't know.

Anyone else have problems with it? Tips?

Thanks

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
First of all, you have the wrong pattern. It's two lefts, two rights two lefts, one right, and three lefts. The speed picks up as you make it further into the tunnels, giving you less time to react. However, everything always appears in the same place at the same time (usually in the middle). If you just want to check off the goal, avoid the items and just concentrate on making the proper turns. This should get you through it.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
Yeah, I knew I had it wrong, but my issue is I usually don't have enough time to change directions at the forks. I don't always trigger the shuttle, so it's kindof hard to get practice. I kindof wish the shuttle was a wizard goal, because it's the only one holding me back.

I'll keep trying. Thanks

Last edited:

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
If you have the LLRRLLRLLL, I'd say it's just a matter of practice. After most intersections you move to the middle, and for at least one intersection you have to move twice across the tunnel in quick succession to make the next turn. Try and practice it directly: three right ramps will light the simulation, so from a few successful shots you could definitely have one simulation per game to get it nailed.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Memorize where the mines are, and when possible, put yourself towards the side you need to be turning before the turn hits. If you are having trouble, you don't need to nab every 10 million; the artifact is more important.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
easiest to finish is LLRRLLLLL...only grabs 129mil but there are no mines to dodge

this is good advice. who cares about like 20 million points when high scores are double-digit billions?

the artifact is the priority: it's worth 25 million PER SHOT during Final Frontier, plus a cool 250 million per Final Frontier trip. conservatively, on a good game, each artifact represents over a billion points. forget about the 10 millions.

Last edited:

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
this is good advice. who cares about like 20 million points when high scores are double-digit billions?
I agree -- until you get proficient at the simulation, at which point (with no crashes unless you're drunk and/or tired) it's just giving away points to go on the best route.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
I gotta give props to the thread starter. I had just this one frickin goal left forever on my old saves but I deleted them unintentionally. So back to square one on 5 tables I had completed but I digress... I just started the sim and paused it to jump to the forums to find strategies and bammo, top thread got the pattern and ticked it off. Yay.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
This was a help, thanks. Of course I need to work on getting to Final Frontier more often to make use of the points, but at least I checked off that last standard goal.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I just beat it last night for the first time (stretching back to Dec on iOS). I wouldnt say its easy at all. Much easier with a controller for some reason....

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Got this twice in last weekends league game, thank you Farsight for helping me learn the sequence and netting an extra 308 million points (I missed one 10m pickup!) :p

N

netizen

Is there a specific spot to get to have this goal register as completed?

I have gotten a dilithium crystal, or other item, a couple times, but this goal never registers. Colour me confused still

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Is there a vid out there? I've done this before probably using this topic. LLRR etc... What about when there are mines on both sides of the tunnel?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.