Gopher speech randomization?

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
My gophers seem to say the same few phrases over and over again... "If balls were meant to fly, they'd have wings!", "Go pound some sand, hacker", "Don't hit me, hit X", "Don't worry, gravity is your friend", etc.

I could swear the real table had more phrases. :confused:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
My gophers seem to say the same few phrases over and over again... "If balls were meant to fly, they'd have wings!", "Go pound some sand, hacker", "Don't hit me, hit X", "Don't worry, gravity is your friend", etc.

I could swear the real table had more phrases. :confused:
Do you play consecutive games or do you quit in the middle and/or exit to menu? Doing either of the last two actions resets the ROM to a known state, which also resets the RNG seed value in the ROM. This could cause the same phrases to repeat.

Also, some of the other phrases require you to be deeper in the game. For example, "say goodbye to your balls!" doesn't happen until the third multiball start in a single game.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
I try to play consecutive games, but a lot of times it just sits there instead of starting the next game. That kindof makes sense though, it just gets repetitive hearing the same stuff over and over again.

Thanks

edit: in comparison, here is Gofers on PHoF-Williams:

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Interesting, some quotes I've never heard on iOS/Android before and I play this table alot. Also the transparent ramps look BRILLIANT!

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
Anyone else think Bud's "choke" at the start of the Hole In One Challenge sounds like "OWW COCAINE"? I wonder if Williams ever got any negative feedback from that...

Lyrtsch

Jun 16, 2014
After the latest PS3 update, Buzz doesn't call me Clubfoot anymore (first one is always Hacker). I'd gladly play this table several times in a row to get the speech commands to randomize more, but the game doesn't restart properly and I have to back out while the ROM resets.

And I agree with TMOverbeck; No Chokinnnggg does indeed sound like Oww Cocaaaine.

RetroRobby

Nov 18, 2014
I have noticed this too. It sometimes can get annoying when Buzz and Bud keep saying the same things. It could be because of certain order of doing the modes or its a on a randomizer. I'm only guessing so don't quote me on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.