Bug Wizard Goals achievement not registering on ios.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Just like with The STTNG high score achievement bug, I have completed the wizard goals and not been awarded the Game Center achievement.

IOS 6.1
iPad 3
Frequency - can only happen once.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
3 ball play. Go straight for extra ball, then the big bonus. Rinse, repeat. Keep it out of the left bumper, usually by making sure the ball stays away or goes down B or D. Nudge generously, but only one tap before a long break. You can usually avoid a left drain by nudging (tap on left side of acreen) just before it hits the post. Get used to holding up an upper playfield flipper to let the ball bounce from one side to another. Then get lucky.

Those are off the top of my head. I'm sure there is probably more.

We are discussing this in a different thread, but it's not entirely clear how many balls is the better play.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
3 ball play. Go straight for extra ball, then the big bonus. Rinse, repeat. Keep it out of the left bumper, usually by making sure the ball stays away or goes down B or D. Nudge generously, but only one tap before a long break. You can usually avoid a left drain by nudging (tap on left side of acreen) just before it hits the post. Get used to holding up an upper playfield flipper to let the ball bounce from one side to another. Then get lucky.

Those are off the top of my head. I'm sure there is probably more.

We are discussing this in a different thread, but it's not entirely clear how many balls is the better play.

This is spot on.

Also, did GC give you credit for high score on your table?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
That one did register for me.

Normally, I am able to complete the goals or achievements on a different device to trigger it, or on a freshly installed copy. However, that did not work on the STTNG high score achievement, and this one took so much work that I'm not sure I'm willing to go through it again, or even able to do so.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
That one did register for me.

Normally, I am able to complete the goals or achievements on a different device to trigger it, or on a freshly installed copy. However, that did not work on the STTNG high score achievement, and this one took so much work that I'm not sure I'm willing to go through it again, or even able to do so.

Well, here is hoping Farsight releases an autofix for both ST and Genie. Also, are the top 3 scores in Genie hacks? You are #4, then flipmon #5, then me at #6 but the top 3 are ridiculous.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Is this still a bug? I can't remember seeing an update of Genie for a long time so I would assume it isn't. It would feel much better since I don't have to try for the 3M-goal...

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I haven't ever heard of it being fixed. A few times it's popped up as still an issue, but it has been a long while.

Honestly, I don't care as much anymore. Now that GameCenter achievements are maxed, I'm much more concerned about the stars that show up in the table select screen. Hopefully FarSight will find a way to let us share with TPA friends.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
The bug was the ios GameCenter achievement not triggering. I do t think the in game goals were ever an issue.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Ah, ok. Would you mind verifying that for me? :D

43143186.jpg

Members online

Members online