No flipper buzz on EM table - will this be corrected?

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
I noticed that when you hold the flipper buttons, you don't get that EM "buzz" sound.

This would be a nice touch if they added this - any idea if this going to be fixed?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I WISH I could remember which table this was, but speaking of the resetting sounds in particular (which I often thought resembled a room full people on typewriters), I remember playing one that actually had an intentional rhythm and beat to all of those sounds... which included the way the EOB bonus was awarded, and the subsequent sounds of the ball kicking back out to the plunger lane.

The EOB bonus would go "DING, DING....... DING, DING....... DING, DING" (for however many hundreds (?) or thousands you earned) and then the ball kickout would have this beat to it (comprised of entirely mechanical noises) that would be something like "bum-bum ba-dum DUM" (with that last "DUM" being the sound of the ball bonking the side wall of the plunger lane)

And I just thought it was the coolest thing ever.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I WISH I could remember which table this was, but speaking of the resetting sounds in particular (which I often thought resembled a room full people on typewriters), I remember playing one that actually had an intentional rhythm and beat to all of those sounds... which included the way the EOB bonus was awarded, and the subsequent sounds of the ball kicking back out to the plunger lane.

The EOB bonus would go "DING, DING....... DING, DING....... DING, DING" (for however many hundreds (?) or thousands you earned) and then the ball kickout would have this beat to it (comprised of entirely mechanical noises) that would be something like "bum-bum ba-dum DUM" (with that last "DUM" being the sound of the ball bonking the side wall of the plunger lane)

And I just thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Holy crap I FOUND IT... it occurred to me it may have been a particular "Tommy" themed table, and I was right....

Bally's "Wizard!" (1975)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I think there are a bunch of EMs that do that. I love the ones where you just get a huge bonus and it ticks it off slowly and takes forever. : )

Spike Forehand

May 14, 2013
Yes - the score reels on this machine do not count up the bonus correctly. Here's a vid of an actual machine doing it correctly:

In particular, when it's counting up bonuses at the end of the ball, you can see it goes up by 1000 pts at a time until it hits 29000, then it turns over to 30000. On the TPA version it turns the 3 over simultaneously with the 1000's increasing

It's a bit of a nitty complaint, but counting up a big end of ball bonus is one of the pleasures of EM machines.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.