Dr Dude forum board

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This was the only pinball I played that my parents didn't "make" me play (before I was allowed to play street fighter 2).

I'd been on the graviton 10 times at Alton towers and felt sick so I played the Dr Dude machine in the arcade. I thought it was the coolest pinball ever. I was 10, now I think the theme and voices suck!!! Did anyone apart from Bill, Ted, Wayne & Garth really talk like that???!!!
You're forgetting the guy that started them all - Jeff Spicoli, masterfully played by Sean Penn.

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
I used to play this machine when I'd make the 3 hour trip to see my friend who lived near a laundromat that served beer. I don't remember if the actual machine was as difficult. That may be because the laundromat served beer. I like tables that take me back to a place in my past. I like to keep my timeline connected and in memory despite any calamities that may have occurred. I think total recall is a good chunk of being sane.

The table is dated because it embodies a decade. All decades and periods are dated. We create culture to leave the harsh world of reality: eat, make more of us, sleep, and die. As soon as a culture becomes as common and as boring as reality, we make a new culture.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sure it's corny, but it was supposed to be over the top even for its time, so I like how cheesy it is.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I used to play this machine when I'd make the 3 hour trip to see my friend who lived near a laundromat that served beer. I don't remember if the actual machine was as difficult. That may be because the laundromat served beer.

Hey I play this game in a laundomat! Perhaps it's best enjoyed in the hot, steamy, sock smelling atmosphere. The actual machine is MUCH more difficult than TPA.

Aleksandar

Jun 2, 2013
I dont't know, it's not very rational, because a lot of things speak against it haha but I kinda like this table! Also the new version on Android plays much better! Don't know if the camera problem is still there through... but it's much easier to hit the three shots now. Crazy table really...so repetitive but still fun! Like somebody already said nothing is worst than Harley Davidson table...

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
It, crazily enough, is one of my favorite tables. I know there's some hilariously awful dating, but I really like the early 90s age of pinball and this one represents the decade very stereotypically, but in a good way. Also, the multiball song is really catchy, as well is the satisfaction of collecting the Gazillion-Point Shot or the Double Jackpot.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Put me in the "likes it" column, too, though I can't say why, exactly. The sound samples are cheesy and dated, and the multiball is usually over before it starts, but I find I really like the simplicity of the rule set -- just hit the MixMaster, dummy. It's a table that rewards ball control and punishes fast plunges and smack-the-flipper gameplay. And hitting that double jackpot or triggering the Gazillion is gold.

I'm playing the life out of it since it's the free table this month, but I don't see myself tiring of it like CC, which is a celebration of the outlane. I couldn't wait for that month to end, but I'll be sad with the good Doctor's time is up.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Put me in the "not a big fan" column. The layout reminds me of a bad Zen table - overly crowded, overloaded with "stuff", and poor flow.

I don't hate the table by any means but it certainly isn't in my top 10.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I was a young boy in the early 90s. Just discovering all of the finer things in life. Girls. Drugs. Guitar. Underage drinking. Girls. Bill and Ted and Waynes World were absolutely huge and the gnarly surfer to gnarly headbanger era was a very formative time for me. Dr. Dude is full of camp and when I get the gift of gab I sometime do the "I'm-about-to-tell-a-racist-joke" look over my shoukder to see if anyone picked up on my guilty pleasure

Members online

Members online