Dr Dude forum board

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
When are we getting those? I would like to share on experiences. Like tricks.

So far i have got like 29 Million. It seems that the Dude o Meter is cumulative from game to game, think this is not a bug but thats only my opinion. And the camera gets locked on the Mixomatic and makes me lose my 2nd ball. Seems like a nice game. Also trying to make that left ramp for the mixomatic is a tough one.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, that left ramp gives me fits sometimes. And my average multiball time is generally very short on this table.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
this table is weird and always wants to drain, for multiball I tend to short launch it, and get a clean shot at the ramp right away...helps a little

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I gotta ask. How many of you really like Dr. Dude? Never mind the fact that it seems to be a SDTM drainer, it has got some of the most annoying music and call outs I've ever heard. The "tough guy" toy that keeps calling you a "wimp" and "geek." I just want to punch through the virtual glass, grab the virtual toy and smash it into a thousand virtual pieces.

Now, I do appreciate the original artwork and the nurse with big t!ts but Dr. Dude is really a product of its time. A bad product of its time. You see F-14 could also be described as a product of its time too but it's still a kick ass table. It seemed that sometime during the mid 80's, Bally tables really went to sh!t and while Dr. Dude was made after Williams acquired Bally their influence (other than it being a System 11) was not seen on this pin.

On a final note, while there's lots of late 70's early 80's Bally's I'd love to see, I hope this is the last of anything from that era of theirs that we get.

On the other hand, Dr. Dude is probably better than Harley Davidson: Any Edition. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I gotta ask. How many of you really like Dr. Dude? Never mind the fact that it seems to be a SDTM drainer, it has got some of the most annoying music and call outs I've ever heard. The "tough guy" toy that keeps calling you a "wimp" and "geek." I just want to punch through the virtual glass, grab the virtual toy and smash it into a thousand virtual pieces.

Now, I do appreciate the original artwork and the nurse with big t!ts but Dr. Dude is really a product of its time. A bad product of its time. You see F-14 could also be described as a product of its time too but it's still a kick ass table. It seemed that sometime during the mid 80's, Bally tables really went to sh!t and while Dr. Dude was made after Williams acquired Bally their influence (other than it being a System 11) was not seen on this pin.

On a final note, while there's lots of late 70's early 80's Bally's I'd love to see, I hope this is the last of anything from that era of theirs that we get.

On the other hand, Dr. Dude is probably better than Harley Davidson: Any Edition. :rolleyes:

Sometimes i do want to smash my iPad. Its a drain sometimes straight from the plunger and the multiball drains wont give you a shot sometimes at even handling the ball.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I have some love for the '80s, but Dr. Dude would not have been my 200th choice for a table, let alone my next choice. Dated and unimpressive.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

The reason it drains so much is because it's less tuned than the pre-STTNG tables. You'd be saying the same thing about Taxi, the Elvira tables, TZ, BOP, and myriad others had FS not tuned them to reduce difficulty. Personally I like them closer to how the real version plays (which is what they've been doing since STTNG), and hope FS continues in this direction.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Dude is a strange theme, and not in a good way. The art is interesting but not great. I really like the shot layout and rules. But this is a table I will play with the volume very low or completely off.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I still listen to hair metal, so I don't mind the theme of the table. Other than the gift of gab speech. Not sure how anyone can stomach that.

N

netizen

Real table is just as harsh. I speak from experience :(

Yeah this table is pretty accurate if my nostalgia recalls it correctly. Dr Dude shows that we are all geeks, nerds and losers until that excellent ray lets us into the way things flow.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
This was the only pinball I played that my parents didn't "make" me play (before I was allowed to play street fighter 2).

I'd been on the graviton 10 times at Alton towers and felt sick so I played the Dr Dude machine in the arcade. I thought it was the coolest pinball ever. I was 10, now I think the theme and voices suck!!! Did anyone apart from Bill, Ted, Wayne & Garth really talk like that???!!!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I had a Dude-a-Riffic b-day weekend playing this blast from my past. Being from Oregon, I am the odd duck who always enjoyed this game. I played this machine brand new off the distributor's delivery truck. This reproduction is pretty true to the real table because it drains balls the same frequent way.

I am looking forward to playing many games of Dr. Dude and not have the feeling that the machine is stealing all my quarters.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
This was the only pinball I played that my parents didn't "make" me play (before I was allowed to play street fighter 2).

I'd been on the graviton 10 times at Alton towers and felt sick so I played the Dr Dude machine in the arcade. I thought it was the coolest pinball ever. I was 10, now I think the theme and voices suck!!! Did anyone apart from Bill, Ted, Wayne & Garth really talk like that???!!!

I think this table was dated the instant it appeared: it's built around late-Eighties/early-Nineties commercial culture's idea of what a really really cool guy was like, grotesquely exaggerated for comic effect. I remember finding it really embarrassing when I first saw it, but now it seems like there's a hilarious innocence to it.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
yeah it seems to be going for that same little end-of-the-80s zeitgeist that bill and ted completely nailed so well. it misses by quite a bit, but i consider it a wonderful little window into what squares thought hipsters were like for a couple of summers. i can see cringing and hating it, but at the same time, what a truly weird machine! it is undeniably unique.

the ruleset is intriguing -- carrying over dude levels from game to game, and it seems like a half dozen different multipliers that can be combined with one another. farsight seems to have done well anticipating the scoring potential of the machine, even if it's really really hard to get there.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The dude levels remind me of the E-L-V-I-R-A letters on Party Monsters, another Dennis Nordman table with a party-time-excellent theme.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
I actually love the theme - in a nostalgic way. Enough time has gone by in that we can laugh at the whole 80s/90s spin seen here. 10 years ago, probably a different story.

I'd even debate buying a real one, but the table it way too shallow to make it into my future collection. Reminds me of BOP - almost everything hinges around 1 ramp.

The most frustrating thing for me is multiball. I spend time/balls trying to light green/red/yellow, then I have to make a tough Mixmaster shot, then hit the left orbit... all that work to start a multiball that often lasts me 5 seconds. Very demoralizing. Really makes me appreciate ball savers!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Don't diss Dr Dude, dudes! I LOVE this table and all the Party themes.

I haven't bought the last few tables packs, but I grabbed this one. Dr Dude is pretty good on TPA, Firepower not so much.

Members online

Members online