Bug Dr. Dude - Multiball camera sticks...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
What platform?

Maybe post your observation in the specific forum. I know this issue occurs on Android.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
My other ball releases almost instantly. Would you need to soft plunge and immediately hit the ramp to make this happen? I never even have a chance releasing the ball at full power.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
This happens to me on iOS, newest software. It only happens if you soft plunge to a trap and then shoot the mix master. Quite frustrating.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
ios and yes it's the result of a soft plunge, I find that if I nudge right away and hit the flippers it sometimes back back out...really frustrating, this table is a drain monster and getting a chance to make a clean shot at the ramp is crucial to a good multiball in my opinion...

N

netizen

I tried this on Android with my Nexus 10, and the camera did go to the Mixmaster, as if it were still in single ball mode, but it dropped back down to the flippers fairly quickly.

IDK if the change in perspective was due to the ball that was in the excellent ray being released, or because I had held the L Flipper up to trap the ball when it was released, or because i nudge the ball in the mixer to try and get more spin and therefore more points, potentially, lol; its like the skill shot in Taxi in some ways.

ETA: I managed to get the camera to lock on the mixmaster in a multi player game. But in a single player game it doesn't seem to happen for me :-/

Is the camera staying on the mixmaster because the other ball is being lost while the camera has shifted, or that the jackpot/gazillion is scored and the mixmaster stops spinning while the camera is zoomed in?

The more specific information on precisely how it happens for FS, the easier it is for them to fix the problem.

Last edited:

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
if you shoot the mixmaster before the other ball is released the camera remains fixed on the mixmaster...

Had this happen to me twice on Android, Sorry I cant give anything in the way of details as im not yet familiar with the table, was just playing my first ever couple of games.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
if the first ball goes into the spin before the second is released it sticks, I believe logically this happens because the table doesn't register multiball until multiple balls are in play, if u get it in the spin it zooms like in single ball, but then the other ball releases and it doesn't know what to do since the zoom to mixmaster isn't supposed to happen in multiball and it doesn't know how to handle it...

on a side note my highest score came from a game where this happened to me twice...I just alternate flippers at a reasonable pace and I actually scored 2 jackpots stuck on one multiball...honestly multiball prolly lasts longer for me this way haha!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
FarSight. Please get rid of ALL the special cams. They do nothing but break the games. I've had them get stuck on MB, TZ, DD, BoP. STTNG gets stuck in plunger cam during Final Frontier, and that game doesn't even need a plunger cam. The one game that you removed the cam from, MB, works perfectly fine now. Let's add that same fix to the others please.

As of now, I'm done with DD. Absolutely game breaking.

N

netizen

FarSight. Please get rid of ALL the special cams. They do nothing but break the games.

I wholeheartedly agree, but, unfortunately, I don't think the community or FS do. I suggested this in the Dangerous thread and it was met with opposition for the general reasoning of "well, you are just waiting for the ball anyway"

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Had this happen to me twice on Android, Sorry I cant give anything in the way of details as im not yet familiar with the table, was just playing my first ever couple of games.

This is what amazes me sometimes about TPA... players find game crippling bugs ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.

I discovered the gumball machine camera lock glitch on TZ, got it THREE times within the first couple of hours of playing.

I don't know how these things get out the door in the state they are in.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
This is what amazes me sometimes about TPA... players find game crippling bugs ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.

I don't know how these things get out the door in the state they are in.

a wild guess.... the bills?

flippancy mode off.... I'm looking forward to some highly-publicised bugs in existing tables being fixed with the the release of CC/CP

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Day, are you being hopeful, or do you know they will actually be fixed?

I should be more careful with the wording..... to rephrase, I'm ever hopeful the DD mixmaster camera bug will get fixed. I'm also hopeful other serious to game breaking bugs (eg Firepower) will also get addressed. I'd be quite disappointed were Farsight not to devote further development time to fixing bugs that they are fully aware of; after all, what indeed is the point of releasing your beta builds for the community to test and to highlight the bugs in, if you then do nothing to address them? I sincerely don't think Farsight is that sort of developer. they have committed to a road map of future releases and we the loyal community of pinball fans aren't going to be happy to support a release schedule of broken or buggy releases where a
line is drawn under each, the code gets frozen, and development moves on to the next flavour of the month table.

I barely play DD or FP because each time I'm having a good game (or rather, was having a good game) the game breaking bug would strike and spoil a great score. we've all moaned about the mixmaster camera bug; I simply don't believe this, and others, won't get fixed. I'm hopeful this will happen sooner rather than later.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.