Bug Dr. Dude - Multiball camera sticks...

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I will refuse to buy another pack until this is fixed. Absolutely unplayable in this state. First ball locked or unlocked I get it every time.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
EDIT: Still not fixed. Totally unacceptable game play. How much cash have I dropped on this game platform again?

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It also happens with "Multiball Camera" set to "On"; this isn't like the other stuck camera bugs, where the camera is stuck permanently on the plunger or gumball machine or whatever in multiball--rather, it's just that if you soft-plunge (which you do because plunging into the pops tends to be quite SDTM drainy, plus you want the ball on the right flipper as fast as possible to shoot the Mixmaster) and then shoot the Mixmaster with your first flip, the Mixmaster zoom-in camera engages before the second ball kicks out from the Ray, which triggers multiball; so multiball starts while the camera is zoomed in on the Mixmaster, so you can't see the ball coming down from the Ray kickout, and the only thing you can do at that point is some blind flipper thrashing to hope you catch or deflect the ball before it slips down the drain offscreen--if you can save it there once then usually the other ball has exited the Mixmaster and the zoom out ends, allowing you to see both balls again.

May I also take this opportunity to mention that, bugs aside, if this re-creation is anything like the actual table, it is just an awful, tacky, repetitive, etc table design that is really unworthy of being in The Pinball Arcade. Guh!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
May I also take this opportunity to mention that, bugs aside, if this re-creation is anything like the actual table, it is just an awful, tacky, repetitive, etc table design that is really unworthy of being in The Pinball Arcade. Guh!

I'm with you on this smbhax. I don't play this table often, and play with the volume off when I do play it. I played it recently at Pinfest and hated it as well. The TPA version looks and plays just like the real thing (other than the bugs). But I saw a lot of people playing and loving it. And I know a lot of people enjoy the TPA version as well, so it doesn't bother me that FS made it. It's just not for me and that's ok. I like some of the shots, but the theme and audio just kills it for me. EATPM is from the same era but I love that, so I was surprised to dislike DD.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I can't explain it either. The real table is a drain monster too, yet I love it.

1. If the camera bug was fixed, if the mixmaster camera zoom was taken out, things would be better.
2. If the right flipper had more power, things would be better. In TPA, you need a perfect shot from the right flipper to go up the Mixmaster ramp. IRL, it wasn't this hard.
3. If the balls would stay in the mixmaster a bit longer, things would be better. One of the fun things during multiball is to constantlly send balls with the right flipper into the mixmaster.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I can't explain it either. The real table is a drain monster too, yet I love it.

1. If the camera bug was fixed, if the mixmaster camera zoom was taken out, things would be better.
2. If the right flipper had more power, things would be better. In TPA, you need a perfect shot from the right flipper to go up the Mixmaster ramp. IRL, it wasn't this hard.
3. If the balls would stay in the mixmaster a bit longer, things would be better. One of the fun things during multiball is to constantlly send balls with the right flipper into the mixmaster.

It's possible to use the LEFT flipper to shoot the ball right up the mixmaster ramp, but it needs enough momentum.

Also, nudging while in mix-master keeps the balls in there longer.

This is on iPad 3 :)

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It also happens with "Multiball Camera" set to "On"; this isn't like the other stuck camera bugs, where the camera is stuck permanently on the plunger or gumball machine or whatever in multiball--rather, it's just that if you soft-plunge (which you do because plunging into the pops tends to be quite SDTM drainy, plus you want the ball on the right flipper as fast as possible to shoot the Mixmaster) and then shoot the Mixmaster with your first flip, the Mixmaster zoom-in camera engages before the second ball kicks out from the Ray, which triggers multiball; so multiball starts while the camera is zoomed in on the Mixmaster, so you can't see the ball coming down from the Ray kickout, and the only thing you can do at that point is some blind flipper thrashing to hope you catch or deflect the ball before it slips down the drain offscreen--if you can save it there once then usually the other ball has exited the Mixmaster and the zoom out ends, allowing you to see both balls again.

Okay well "Multiball Camera" is still "On" but I have now seen the camera *stay* stuck on the Mixmaster in a multiball situation even after the mixing ball has exited; this doesn't happen all the time but I think maybe it has something to do with how quickly the ball exits the Mixmaster--like if it exits very quickly, before the other ball has kicked out from the Ray. Or maybe it's the other way, ie if the Ray kickout happens before the other ball exits the Mixmaster, I dunno, but I think it's one of the two, probably the first.

This can happen in the middle of multiball, too, not just at the start--the key to beginning it is to have one ball sitting in the Ray hole while the other goes into the Mixmaster.

If the camera stays stuck after the ball has exited the Mixmaster then it will remain stuck on the Mixmaster until both balls drain, at which point it returns to normal.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
Still having this problem with iPad 3 - latest version. Kind of keeps me away from the table. The 2 ball multiball is hard enough - being handicapped by the mixmaster cam is just brutal.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Still having this problem with iPad 3 - latest version. Kind of keeps me away from the table. The 2 ball multiball is hard enough - being handicapped by the mixmaster cam is just brutal.
Set "Event Camera: Off" in Table Options. This will prevent the camera from zooming into the mixmaster in the first place, thus sidestepping the problem.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The issue is because if you soft plunge the game doesn't register you are in multiball yet. When you shoot the mixmaster event cam activates to show it, but then multiball starts, and the event cam is turned off IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EVENT. the software doesn't handle this gracefully. disabling event cam in the middle of an event locks the cam on the event for the rest of the ball.

I could fix this if I had the source. Call the event end routine when multiball is active. this is like 2 lines of code, people. :)

Members online

Members online