Double Jackpot goal

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Regarding the double jackpot goal. Do you achieve it by getting the jackpot twice or by hitting the jackpot when the dropdowns have been knocked down to indicate "jackpot doubled". Will the award "Jackpot maxed" and then making the jackpot (10 hits) close the goal?

It's such a hard goal to make so I want to make sure I am not focussing on the wrong stuff.

...as mentioned. Dr Dude is a Drain Monster, I really hope they tune it better at the next update.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I finally made it work on my 50th attempt. And on my 60th attempt and 2nd time I managed to get the double jackpot it actually also registered :)

What I did was

1. Make a soft plunge
2. Let it bounce on the right flipper onto the left
3. Aim for the drop targets
- The other ball is released
4. Shoot in panic against the drop target while the two balls are trying their best to go STDM or get sucked into the outlanes.
5. Try, if you can, to steal a glance at the drop targets or HUD to see if you might have reached a double jackpot-enabled.
6. Shoot for all your worth towards the ramp
7. Pray to the pinball gods the camera won't get stuck on the mixmaster (happens 2/3 of the times)
8. Repeat until you get the jackpot
9. Listen to the sound of "Double jackpot" being announced
10. Notice how you still have not had the goal registered
11. Repeat

So, as an answer to my own question: It is the drop targets that will give you a double jackpot that will account for your wizard goal. Nothing else.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Dr. Dude is a drain monster in real life. The horrible drains out of the bumpers, and the horrible drains off of big shot and that heart are totally accurate. :)

and i got all the goals. double jackpot goal registered first time. clear the drops during multiball, shoot the ramp til the jackpot pops.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Do the jackpot hits in some way carry over to the next (multi)ball? I managed to start multiball twice during one game, and it the second time it told me only 5 hits left for jackpot. Would that also work for hits towards double jackpot? If so, I have another reason to end a game if multiball was not yet started during first ball.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
On iOS it screws you because it will shoot the camera up to the Mixmaster until your balls drain.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Well the double jackpot not registering came up to bite me on steam, I just cannot get it to register to get my chevo. At least I know I can do it multiple times :)

Anyone have any tips on geeting it to register. I wonder if the million shot being lit at the same time blocks it from registering...

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Again double jackpot means clear the drops in multiball before claiming the jackpot. I think you have to double the first jackpot and also not have a million lit for it to count.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thank you for clarifing, so it has to be without million lit AND the very first jackpot, that makes it tougher

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.