PS3 - Bug Two balls stuck in crate during "Terror from the Crate" for 100+ jackpots

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I guess this is a bug, technically speaking, but I actually like it >_> and have no idea if it is repeatable; really I'm just writing this because it was an interesting glitch.

During "Terror from the Crate" multiball, I shot both balls into the crate in quick succession. The DMD showed "JACKPOT"...and stuck there. For a few seconds I thought the game had frozen, but then it started lurching to a different spot in the "JACKPOT" animation every few seconds. This continued for maybe 15 seconds or so until one ball finally popped out of the crate, and then the other ejected in the usual amount of time, and the multiball continued normally. Meanwhile my score had jumped up by about 30 million, so at 250k per jackpot...that was a lot of jackpots on just two shots! : o

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I have had that happen on the the Android version as well, but it doesn't happen all the time.It doesn't happen enough that I was able to actually calculate any frequency. One time it went on for so long I had to abort the game, so you lucked out by getting a high score with game play continued afterwards.

This was one of the games I remember playing IRL and I never saw this happen on any of the tables I encountered. There was a machine in a gin mill I frequented in the 90's and the bunch of fellows I hung with after work would play it for a couple of hours a day. I can't recall a single incident of this behavior.

Timelord ...

N

netizen

I guess this is a bug, technically speaking, but I actually like it >_> and have no idea if it is repeatable; really I'm just writing this because it was an interesting glitch.

During "Terror from the Crate" multiball, I shot both balls into the crate in quick succession. The DMD showed "JACKPOT"...and stuck there. For a few seconds I thought the game had frozen, but then it started lurching to a different spot in the "JACKPOT" animation every few seconds. This continued for maybe 15 seconds or so until one ball finally popped out of the crate, and then the other ejected in the usual amount of time, and the multiball continued normally. Meanwhile my score had jumped up by about 30 million, so at 250k per jackpot...that was a lot of jackpots on just two shots! : o

This was a common exploitable and repeatable bug in the first version of Scared Stiff when it came out on Android. It had been patched, so I would assume that there is a patch coming for it through the SCEA/E update approval process.

Might want to make an email to Support@ or do the whole bug report thing just in case.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Ah, interesting. Yeah that wouldn't be good if it just went on indefinitely, I guess I'll send an email. Good to hear it was fixed on Android!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I've seen this bug a few times. Usually I get no more than half a dozen extra jackpots before a ball gets launched from the plunger and the other resumes as normal.

I have also had the web ramp value get stuck so that it keeps counting up for seemingly forever. I let it go for about ten minutes while I circulated some fluids and when I got back, I could've easily had the top spot on the leaderboard had I not decided to keep things fair and quit the game.

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
I see now where you live. :eek:

(Sorry, i'm trying to make a (bad) joke about your transit location... )

Seriously, your fairplay honnors you.

Last edited:

Twenty2AcaciaAve

Mar 6, 2013
This was one of the games I remember playing IRL and I never saw this happen on any of the tables I encountered.

One time with playing Scared Stiff IRL once you hit one of the leapers the switch would "stick" or something and would give you leaper after leaper for the rest of the ball.

AlBravo

Mar 13, 2013
I had the repetitive jackpot last night on IOS on IPad 3. It cleared with a nudge but it looked like it was going to stay that way if I left it. I let it go for about 20 seconds before nudging it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.