iOS - Bug Game freezes at Final Frontier start/camera angle change

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
I've just encountered a bug. Entered Final Frontier with 1 full set of artifacts, game goes through its normal routine of showing them, TPA pulls back to the launcher camera view for a few seconds & I make a Beta Quadrant ramp shot with the first ball off the left ramp, then TPA reverts to camera angle 1, flippers go dead & Final Frontier music continues after all 5 balls drain. Game ROM is frozen, I'm pretty sure it's TPA carrying on the music, but I've been staring at this thing for 5 minutes that's still in Final Frontier with 0 balls in play.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I had this happen on the PS3, version 2.09, playing at 720p, Multiball Camera = On. Pretty much just as described above, except I only had three artifacts, and was in camera 3. The game went to launcher cam for a second or two as FF started and balls were launching, then reverted to a regular camera view. Another second or two maybe went by, not sure if I made any shots, then the flippers stopped responding and all the balls drained. The DMD is frozen, with the score showing but the right side of it jumbled up. I've got to Final Frontier oh at least four times (not multiple times in this particular game session mind you) and this is the first time it's done this.

Screenshot of the frozen and jumbled DMD:

sttngffromfreeze.jpg

Nudge works but table won't tilt. Attendant says ball not stuck. Exit game works.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
PS3 2.09 again--same type of freeze happened, only this time a few seconds after starting the "Q's Challenge" mission. Flippers frozen, ball drained, music still playing, DMD garbled, etc. I think this was on ball 3, with an extra ball in reserve and two balls locked.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Had the same thing happen on the PC release version. It looks like a bug with the emulated ROM rather than the game engine since it looks like the rom freezes but nudging and other stuff keeps working.

Screenshot:
c215LoW.jpg

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Had the same thing happen on the PC release version. It looks like a bug with the emulated ROM rather than the game engine since it looks like the rom freezes but nudging and other stuff keeps working.

i confirm this bug - had same problem on PC 1.19.4 after few seconds as Final Frontier multiball mode started

Last edited:

morenoquinteiro

Oct 16, 2013
I had a similar problem when I first reached Final Frontier. The flippers went crazy (they were flipping crazly, and I wasn't doing any movement!), the DMD went like "broken tv", and balls didn't stop to get into the playfield, one after another. At first, I thought that was the way it is supposed to be, but after 5 minutes this way and nothing changing, I just turned it off. Is it supposed to happen in the real table?

nuclearkevin

Nov 11, 2013
Well, this happened to me AGAIN during one of my best games grrrrrrr. This time Q's challenge finished as I shot the ball up the orbit. Shuttle simulation was lit and as soon as it locked the ball the game froze. Pretty much the same as described above except this was not during the Final Frontier. See screenshot below. I have a PS3... Good excuse to get a PS4 I guess, but it sounds like this problem happens across all platforms. I hope FarSight can fix this bug as it has been going on for a while now. FarSight is AWESOME and thank you guys for bringing these tables to us!

Oh, on a side note, has anyone ever noticed while playing Q's challenge if you are doing VERY well that Q is crying on the ROM display? (Not on this screenshot) I cannot say for sure, but I swear I saw Q crying on the ROM as I was playing a multiball during Q's challenge. I was really doing well and had a lot of Q's shots lit and I was hitting a LOT of them. It's very hard for me to look up there as I am playing... maybe I was seeing things :confused:

11503724103_478941324f.jpg

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
um ..... this was apparently fixed in the new ios download with Fish Tales. i hadn't checked it yet. anyone know if it's definitely fixed on IOS or not?

nuclearkevin

Nov 11, 2013
STTNG froze during FF AGAIN on me as described by everyone above. It has happened to me quite a few times now on PS3. Im getting scared to try to get a good game going now. This bug has been going on for a year now and I hope FS is aware and working on a fix. I wonder how many other players this is happening to? Just us who have posted here? Im curious how widespread this is.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Same here on Q challenge (ps3) on a good game... let's hope it will be fixed on the next super patch, if by luck we got it here in Europe before WW3..

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Had this happen on PC again, but this time it was when the game tried to end a Q mode instead of during final frontier. The DMD and everything on the table froze, but the app itself didn't crash. Couldn't do anything to register anything on the table and had to quit out.

It's honestly a real shame how buggy the table is because it was the first kickstarter one and is generally a really really solid table design. You just can't really go for a long game on it currently and expect to last till your name is in because of the random crashes.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Had this happen on PC again, but this time it was when the game tried to end a Q mode instead of during final frontier. The DMD and everything on the table froze, but the app itself didn't crash. Couldn't do anything to register anything on the table and had to quit out.

It's honestly a real shame how buggy the table is because it was the first kickstarter one and is generally a really really solid table design. You just can't really go for a long game on it currently and expect to last till your name is in because of the random crashes.

TZ is the first Kickstarted premium.

OP: Hmmm...not sure what to think. If it's the ROM, then there's nothing that can be done about it.

nstraz

Mar 19, 2013
I hit this on iOS today. I think the flippers went dead right after I hit the launch ball button. Flippers died and the DMD froze in the middle of a transition.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.