Drained ball causes infinite scoring loop

pmonline111

Mar 2, 2013
I have hit the same bug twice in the past few days. I do well on the first ball and get an extra ball, but once the ball drains down the middle I get stuck in an infinite scoring loop and have to quit the game. (I let it loop overnight to no avail)
I sent an e-mail to support today.

Pat

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yep, got me as well, on ipad 4. Shame it happens on a good game. I also had multiball and got a free ball.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
I guess I have had the same bug a couple of times too. Last ball drains but nothing happens. Flippers work but nothing else.

Edit: no, it seems to be the bug that's described below. Sorry.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This bug is so damn frustrating. Was just having the best game of my life. Passed my high score on the first ball....and then this happened. Absolute game-breaker. :( We really need ROM emulation. Between this and the other bugs, this table is quite broken.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
You took the plunge anyways Jeff? What WE need is to not buy DLC with known bugs and lame pops. Im not buying enless these issues get fixed and who knows how long that will take i.e. BK!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This bug is so damn frustrating. Was just having the best game of my life. Passed my high score on the first ball....and then this happened. Absolute game-breaker. :( We really need ROM emulation. Between this and the other bugs, this table is quite broken.

Sad thing is - this seems to be becoming the norm now, and you can't still state "It's teething trouble".

Firepower has been broken for months, Twilight Zone I don't play because of the gumball machine jam bug. White Water, whilst not being game braking, balls regularly passing through an upheld left flipper which is not good.
I don't play CFTBL because the flipper timing feels wierd, Black Knights scripting doesn't need discussion. Are Circus Voltaire and Black Hole working? They have been so, yes, no, yes, no I've given up.
Monster bash multiball, and Medieval Madness Flipper gap.
Then the current Leaderboard bug/exploit......

These bugs mostly reported at mobile beta, yet deliberately released unfixed across multiple platforms knowingly broken, some of which (ps3) are damn near impossible to fix later, screams we shouldn't be buying this cr@p, yet we do due to our pinball addictions.

I often wonder, alternate universe, if Zen Studios had been doing the real life tables, and Farsight had been doing the new originals, with both having their usual standards and quality, how many months Farsight would have lasted, and how amazing would the Zen stuff have been.

If I weren't nostalgic for the real tables, I wouldn't buy what Farsight are producing.

I hope they turn this around!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You took the plunge anyways Jeff? What WE need is to not buy DLC with known bugs and lame pops. Im not buying enless these issues get fixed and who knows how long that will take i.e. BK!

Nah. I was playing on iOS. I'm with ya. Haven't bought any PS3 DLC since Genie....

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I haven't hit this bug myself yet, but from this post in the PS3 board it sounds like it may be related to having got a max bonus:

Found an interesting bug.

If you ever max out the bonus, whatever you do don't pause the game during the EOB bonus tallying. It'll get stuck in an infinite loop once you resume (infinite score). There's no way to stop it (not even tilting), so the only way out is to force quit/exit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.