please FS make Scared Stiff harder to play

boy-oh-boy

Mar 3, 2013
i am so unhappy with this table.please FS make me (and many...many others) happy again. on one side i love the table.nice graphics, lightning is ok ,sound acting and music is really beautyfull. i really love it BUT its much to easy. 1 ball 40 min to play. thats not fun thats a marathon session.after this one ball you have seen all the table has to offer and playing further on is boring. please make this table more challenging.the outlanes are a joke...the ball fears the outlanes and never takes this way:rolleyes:
many of the facebook posters have the same opinion.
what do you think here on the fanpage. am i right or just a little mad?
sorry for my bad english. i´m an older german guy(over 40) who lost his heart on pinball since over 30 years now.

grettings Paddy

oh FS ..... pinball gods. hear my calling :eek:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, it's the most disappointing table in the collection to me. I love Scared Stiff... it gets quarters from me every single time that I go to the pinball museum out here. The Pinball Arcade version, however, feels nothing like the real thing. It's so easy that the whole experience is cheapened. The real table can be pretty damn brutal.

Oh, I filled the Stiff-o-meter again? So? Meanwhile, doing that in real life would be exhilarating.

A half hour later... I'm still playing? Yawn.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
REAL SS kicks you Arrrrsshhh! and the eyeball shot goes both ways. SKILL_SHOT isn't automatic if you full plunge.

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
(sorry for my bad English)

I only played it once since it came to PS3 and don't bother to play it again. We need the challenge that we Pinball Heroes deserve !

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
+1

I haven't bothered to buy the pack yet on PS3 because I know how extremely easy (and hence boring) this table is on iOS.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Since I only play on the PS3 and the pending "mega patch" is supposed to bring the PS3 up to date with the rest of the versions, did Farsight do anything over the past year to make this table more difficult?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Since I only play on the PS3 and the pending "mega patch" is supposed to bring the PS3 up to date with the rest of the versions, did Farsight do anything over the past year to make this table more difficult?

They did fix the infinite deadhead loop. This was an issue on iOS. So that helps keep the scores down a little. Not sure if that was an issue for ps3.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
They should just make it so that you have to hit the Start button 15 times before it works. That will make it harder to play it.

shoemakesmusic

Jan 23, 2014
+1 here. I played it for what I consider my last time the other day until it gets updated. So easy that it's extremely boring. It's such a great table too. Just needs a little love.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
The only way to not fall asleep by playing SS, is to play a time attack. By example, if I miss to fill the stiff-o-meter in one ball, I quit. It can be enjoyable... sometimes.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
heh...

This table is considered easy in real life, but that tv kickout is totally evil and random and unfair in real life. the ball can literally go anywhere out of it after a few bounces off the rubbers. My slight randomness proposal would put the fear back in that table. It's what makes scared stiff mode so challenging and nerve wracking. the fact that the game will give you a wild ball after every crate shot.

Honestly, EatPM is wayyyyy too easy too. The reason is that the all important ramps are totally safe to shoot for. you can always save every brick off of them.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Now that I thought about it. SS does seem a bit too easy to play. Seriously, I could get to monster multiball at least three times in one ball and I seem to get extra balls too frequent.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Now that I thought about it. SS does seem a bit too easy to play. Seriously, I could get to monster multiball at least three times in one ball and I seem to get extra balls too frequent.

Yeah SS was one of my biggest disappointments in TPA because of how much I was looking forward to it, only to put an hour long game on my first try.

Good thing was that I discovered Big Shot, which might have almost destroyed my relationship. I wouldn't know though, because i wasn't paying attention.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I'm still stuck on the stupid "Save a Spell" goal or whatever the heck it is.

Like the "Earn a Special" goal on MB, you have to activate the "Save of Spell" during a single ball play (if this is during a multiball, the goal is not achieved).

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The crate issues seem to be better but now the ball doesn't like to enter the crate that easily any longer. For Stiff-O-Meter I need 5-10 more shots than before. So it is a bit harder now on my droid.

Members online

Members online