TPAF Audio Interview With Bobby King (Round 1)

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Really good stuff. We seem to get a lot more info in an audio interview!

Was really hoping you would ask about Scared Stiff after BK and CV... that game also requires tweaking before it will be fully enjoyable. It's just too damn easy. Next time?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks to Jeff and Bobby for doing this interview! :D

Exciting news on the PC front, surprised that Steam is still very much the focus for releasing TPA. Also good to hear it may be coming directly through a new FarSight website.

The new emulation possibilities sound really exciting too.

Jeff, no offence but perhaps you could sound a little more excited when Bobby keeps dropping good news! ;)

Seriously though, thanks again.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jeff, no offence but perhaps you could sound a little more excited when Bobby keeps dropping good news! ;)

Ha, no offense taken. I was a bit too focused and a little nervous, but I'll try to loosen up more next time. :)

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
He says very quickly "not a problem with mobile and future platforms", so looks like PC and PS4 will be fine. Unfortunate about older consoles though.

Also Jeff incredibly chill, well done interview. Do you do this for a living? Also we have eerily similar voices.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire it's been so long since I wrote down all the bugs I experienced on 360 (one of my earliest posts) but iirc the worst problems involved the collision mesh. Similar to what is happening on Elvira now, where im experiencing balls flying through the crate into the deadheads, but on Cirqus its far, far worse issues...Balls going through geometry including the table itself! Lol ball through the table and into outer-pinball arcade- space. Also two balls stuck in plunger lanes balls stuck in the juggler kick just ugg all kinds of nonsense. What a mess...

Black Knight and Cirqus are two of the few tables I don't own yet on iOS so once these bugs are fixed I'm all over both insta-purchases for sure.

I knew they could rom emulate the older stuff! Rock on. Great news. But why stop there? Emulate Gorgar emulate Firepower and most definitely EMULATE CENTAUR AND 8 ball please!

Also it's already been mentioned but I think yes we should be really good and concise with the big reporting. I am mostly in iOS forum and the format there is very well done. Maybe do that but just in each table section? Just an idea.

Finally regarding the gear shifter in high speed 2... I get what Bobby's saying, but is it really a big deal if people can not take thier hand off the flipper button? I am admittedly not familiar with the game just what I've read/seen vids but, couldnt you theoretically use both hands on a real machine anyway, one on the flipper and another on the gear shift (of course you would take your left hand off the left flipper button). What am I missing here, why is this a big deal, or any different from how they handle the magna save or Harley Davidson button?

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
He says very quickly "not a problem with mobile and future platforms", so looks like PC and PS4 will be fine. Unfortunate about older consoles though.

Also Jeff incredibly chill, well done interview. Do you do this for a living? Also we have eerily similar voices.

Thanks man. No, this is the first interview I've done like this, so I'm definitely not a pro.

To everyone, thanks again for all the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to the next one (probably in early April).

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Hiw dare they not mention haptic feed back either.....i shall spend my pennies elsewhere

As reported before it will hapoen bud ps3 future consoles and most definately pc

Trust in thr farsight

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Next round, maybe just casually tell Bobby and company to drop the chimes during name entry... That's an easy fix that goes a long way in cleaner presentation.

You brought up audio, Bobby was extremely open to suggestions...

To be quite frank and honest, if it were up to me the entire mechanical sound package needs completely overhauled... But that's not an easy thing to say... Or realistic... Totally new sound is a big undertaking and budget etc... You made the right suggestions... I'd add drop targets... On the old machines they sound right, but on say Harley or Cactus they sound awful... They Need to "click" on modern machines. and yea the extra ball knock needs to be LoUD... If there's not already an audio thread we need to start one, many here are much smarter on sound than me

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Ha, no offense taken. I was a bit too focused and a little nervous, but I'll try to loosen up more next time. :)

Still a good listen, Jeff. Well done and thanks for getting the interview online.

I appreciate it's a difficult situation, in terms of just how much information Bobby can divulge, but I thought he was very forthcoming with his answers.

Hope you get the chance for another interview.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
So why release DLC packs with known issues if its problematic to patch at a later date on the PS3. Some of these issues have been across the board on all platforms yet the PS3 tables come at a much later date, why aren't they addressed before release.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
So why release DLC packs with known issues if its problematic to patch at a later date on the PS3. Some of these issues have been across the board on all platforms yet the PS3 tables come at a much later date, why aren't they addressed before release.
The PS3 submission process takes a long time. If issues in the other platforms arise after the PS3 version is submitted to Sony, there's no way for FarSight to fix them in the PS3 version without starting the whole submission process over.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.