Extra Ball Specials break this table.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
It's still somewhat of a problem because after you have both specials lit and have scored your one extra ball (for your current ball) there's no objective to really go for except the 30 point shots and the bumpers. I don't believe the targets once lit 'Special' are worth points. There's really no incentive to complete 1-5 or 6-10 at that point (unless I'm missing something). Actually, I suppose you want to leave them just almost completed so you can get your extra ball easier next time. In that case, maybe the strategy is to score points off the 30 point rollovers or bumpers without completing the full sequence. Hmmm.

It's probably sacrilegious to suggest a rule change for a simulated real table, but with the special giving extra balls the game would play better if the ladder for that side reset to '10' after you score the special from the target. Then you have to fight your way back to earn extra balls and always have incentive to complete the sequences.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The extra balls (for both specials and replays) certainly greatly mitigate the cruelty of the game: once you've got those specials lit, you can play for a relatively long time. Of course, they've made it possible to disable them in Game Setup if you don't want that.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
My first play I was wondering if the table might be broken because I got all table goals and a score of over 3000 and was letting balls drain on purpose because the game just didn't seem to end. I just played a game where I only earned one extra ball and got 900 points, so I think it was just beginner's luck. Nudging on the iPad also works loads better than the Wii Gottlieb collection version and the table looks better generally so I'm actually liking it better than I thought I would.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Also thought it was a bug. Started to shake the machine, so tilt would stop the unlimited extra balls :)

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
i thought the table would be terrible its the art its too vintage the amazing surprise was the use of extra balls on a unforgiving table design not to mention good nudge practice, it balances out in a unique way.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The add-a-ball version of central park is Hurdy Gurdy, and the rules for getting extra balls are significantly different.

Getting 1 to 10 adds an extra ball.

Also the lights for the red and green spot targets shift around every time the 1s digit moves. If one of them is RED, the matching target and the rollover below grant an extra ball. And if both lights match both targets and rollovers are lit for extra ball.

Members online

Members online