IPDB #3 WTFudge??

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
TwilightZone has a WTFudge layout, and ST;TNG is too damn serious.
Why isn't this the No#1 table?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some find it too easy. I have also seen complaints about it being tacky with too many silly toys.
But I know a lot of people like you thinks it should be #1. It's in my top 10 but #1 for me will always be TAF.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Monster Bash can be pretty repetitive when you think about it:

• Creature Feature: Hit Creature 4 times, then hit 5 flashing shots...or hit Creature 5 more times.
  • Ball and Chain: Shoot 6 ramps, then shoot 6 more ramps.
  • Frankenstein Multiball: Hit Frank 6 times, hit his ramp, then hit Frank 6 more times.
  • Full Moon Fever: Hit the orbits 4 times, then hit the orbits 4 more times.
And you don't really have a choice in the matter because Monsters of Rock is so high-scoring compared to everything else.

Compare it to something like Twilight Zone. Yes, playing TZ well requires a lot of left ramp - right ramp - piano combos. But that combo A) lights a lock toward regular multiball, B) lights Load Gumball Machine toward Powerball Mania, and C) collects a Door Panel toward Lost in the Zone. Plus those Door panel modes are all different - there's a multiball (Fast Lock), an orbit round (Spiral), a standup round (Greed), a bumper/frenzy round (Town Square Madness), and they're all optional: you can play the ones you like, and ignore the ones you don't without penalty.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Monster Bash quite a bit. But it's not the machine I'd want to have with me if I were stuck on a desert island with only one table.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Monster Bash can be pretty repetitive when you think about it:

• Creature Feature: Hit Creature 4 times, then hit 5 flashing shots...or hit Creature 5 more times.
  • Ball and Chain: Shoot 6 ramps, then shoot 6 more ramps.
  • Frankenstein Multiball: Hit Frank 6 times, hit his ramp, then hit Frank 6 more times.
  • Full Moon Fever: Hit the orbits 4 times, then hit the orbits 4 more times.
And you don't really have a choice in the matter because Monsters of Rock is so high-scoring compared to everything else.

Compare it to something like Twilight Zone. Yes, playing TZ well requires a lot of left ramp - right ramp - piano combos. But that combo A) lights a lock toward regular multiball, B) lights Load Gumball Machine toward Powerball Mania, and C) collects a Door Panel toward Lost in the Zone. Plus those Door panel modes are all different - there's a multiball (Fast Lock), an orbit round (Spiral), a standup round (Greed), a bumper/frenzy round (Town Square Madness), and they're all optional: you can play the ones you like, and ignore the ones you don't without penalty.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Monster Bash quite a bit. But it's not the machine I'd want to have with me if I were stuck on a desert island with only one table.
it's funny you should bring that up. That I'm forced to work all over the table, rather than having the option to ignore parts of it, is what makes the game more interresting to me, rather than less. What you call the repetitive aspect is relevant within the context of the differing bonusrounds, and requires you to make the desired shots with a certain consistency... which is impossible to avoid if you want a game of skill rather than luck.

Sure the freedom you describe can fascilitate a gaming experience that's properly different each time around, but once you've discovered a pro-tips-worthy patern you subsequently stick to for the sake of high scores, that little devil called repetitiveness can still sneak up on you. A lot of pro-tips boil down to milking multiball 'till the cows come home. With Monster Madness stacking bonusrounds (bandmembers) before activating Frankenstein Multiball is also key to setting uber-scores (not just reaching wizzard-mode).

Which brings me to the major flaw in your complaint. If you're playing Monster Bash's bonusrounds seperately, you're not playing it right. You should be all over the place during a sweet monsterjamsession.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Which brings me to the major flaw in your complaint. If you're playing Monster Bash's bonusrounds seperately, you're not playing it right. You should be all over the place during a sweet monsterjamsession.
I have a 4.05 billion high score on Monster Bash (or about 3.5 billion if you subtract out unearned Frankenstein jackpots and keyboards due to the 360's Franky bug). I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to play the table for score... :D

If I'm going to go in for a test of shooting accuracy, I'd rather do something like LOTR's Ring modes, most of which ask for particular shots in a defined sequence, rather than just repeating the same shot X times.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Sure the freedom you describe can fascilitate a gaming experience that's properly different each time around, but once you've discovered a pro-tips-worthy patern you subsequently stick to for the sake of high scores, that little devil called repetitiveness can still sneak up on you. A lot of pro-tips boil down to milking multiball 'till the cows come home.

+1
Borg Multiball for example is one of the best ways for super highscores in STTNG. Once you've discovered it, everything else is pretty useless.
@Roy Wills
You have destroyed this table for me with your pro tips. :D

Members online

Members online