Too Hard?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
That 1000 on a single ball goal just keeps taunting me. I haven't gotten as close as 50 points, but I think within a couple hundred - damn you Central Park!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That is a tough goal to hit. Some luck involved for sure. I hit it fairly soon after getting that table pack. Don't think I've ever done it again.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
This goal just completely sucks. IMO, 1000 pts on 1 ball is ridiculous, and is entirely dependant upon luck. Ive thrown balls up top that seemed to stay up there forever but mostly only hit the unlit pop bumbers for the measley one friggin point. I've had balls that only stay up top for a few secs and just richochet between the lit pops and rack points up like crazy. Every single time i get up to about 800 pts on one ball it seems to just go to ludicrous ball speed and shoots to those outlanes and nudging either does nothing or just sends it flying down the drain. I damn near flash backed to jr high 8 bit nintendo days and almost put the controller through the wall this morning.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Finally bought this table last night (PS3) and gave it a whirl. I found the goals to be incredibly easy to reach. Had all the standard goals after 2 games and missed the wizard goals in my next game only because a single nudge caused a tilt at 2900 points. I had already gotten 3000 points once (2nd game) and got it again in my 4th game to finish the wizard goals, my fastest wizard goal completion yet.

I don't like the gimmick of the table with the center drain lanes but still find this one a lot more enjoyable than, say, Big Shot or Genie.

Since I haven't yet read the instructions, can somebody please tell me what grants extra balls? I've had a couple games where it seemed like I had unlimited balls.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Since I haven't yet read the instructions, can somebody please tell me what grants extra balls? I've had a couple games where it seemed like I had unlimited balls.

Completing the banks of spot targets at the top build up the scoring on the green or yellow spot targets at the bottom--those eventually build up to SPECIAL, and then give an extra ball when hit; completing the corresponding upper bank when when their bottom target is at SPECIAL also gives an extra ball. Also, automatic extra balls are awarded at 1,200, 1,500, 1,600, and 1,700 points. Max 1 extra ball per ball, and max 15 extra balls per game.

Last edited:

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Finaly!

So ive been puttin in anywhere from 30 mins to an hour almost everyday for about 2 weeks on this table for that 1000 point goal. As per my earlier post up there ^ you can see my frustration with this table. Most nights have been terrible and i was lucky to get 500-600 pnts in one ball, except for a few good attempts ending around 800 or so.

Today i started up the table as usual, and after a few minutes of warmin up i made a great run at it, surpassing my highest 1 ball total in the low 800's and got it over 900. The ball was up top for a few secs and was coming down towards a center drain so i gave it a little nudge to bring it to my flipp and...TILT! at 934 points on ball 1! :mad:
I had another run on another game with ball 2. Ball 1 out at 326. Ball 2 tilted at 1256! Uggh two close ones in one night!

I gave it one more go and managed to trap the ball 3 times. (Roughly) At 300 pnts, at 500 pnts and again at 800. I let it sit for about 20+ secs each time to let the tilt mech settle and just thought of it as 700 on one ball, 500 on one, now just 200 more to go with little (hopefully, lol) tilt worries. I had it up top with about 940 when the ball (and my heart) dropped down...but i put that ball back up into the pop bumpers and watched with such great satisfaction as the score rolled over a grand and the goal registered that i was kinda dazed and tanked the next drop down and lost it at 1044 on ball 1..:D

N

netizen

I struggled with the 1000 point goal, but as soon as Android got up/forward nudging I managed to get the goal and I wasn't even trying to get it, LOL. I was just playing Central Park as a table to play with the new nudging scheme because it's not too fast and needs up nudges so it would get me used to touch nudging after playing by shake nudge for so long and up popped the goal notification.

Hoorah!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I also love the older simplier EM tables great for practicing nudging: Big Shot & Genie.
Playing those two, plus Central Park, even just a little bit gave me massive improvement in my nudging. The result is that I've topped my high scores on several other tables, some by massive amounts. For example, on Attack From Mars, I went from a high score of 7.6 billion to having three straight games of over 12.8 billion. On Whitewater, I went from a high score of 286 million to 936 million.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Have to agree with the others... tables like this, Genie and Big Shot definitely helped me improve my nudging. Didn't do a lot of up/forward nudging until these, and once I figured those out, my scores jumped and I finally got that 1K on a single ball goal.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.