Pinball machine owners list

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
No nothing to do with the pins although she did have no interest in them. Now to find a woman who does, anyone have the phone number for that strange psycho woman in that video in another thread?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Damn, 27 years. That's how I picked up my Firepower...dude got served papers and wanted to sell off all his toys before she could claim half.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Would be an interesting study for some sociology student: Are pinball players more or less susceptible to divorce, alcoholism, psychiatric disorders, etc.?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Damn, 27 years. That's how I picked up my Firepower...dude got served papers and wanted to sell off all his toys before she could claim half.

Definitely going to have to cheer myself up with a nice pin once all this is sorted, a nice spiderman or TSPP I'm thinking.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Definitely going to have to cheer myself up with a nice pin once all this is sorted, a nice spiderman or TSPP I'm thinking.

Played both for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I LOVE Spiderman, it rose right up to being one of my favourite tables that I have played. I never truly got the rules, but from what I can see it's really deep and offers a lot to get into and perfecting for home use, but generally the flow of the table is just amazing.

TSPP.... not so much. There was something about the way it played that just bothered me more than it entertained me - I didn't feel like an extra go, while I simply couldn't let go of Spiderman.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Police Force - 1989 (Ritchie/Oursler/Anghelo)

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1841

Just finished playfield cleaning and waxing, all new bumpers/rubbers/lights/balls/locks. Fully functional, however I am tracing a wiring fault that has killed the lower 2/3rds of the playfield lighting. Not the action lights, just the "always on" field lights under the plastics.

Classic later-period System 11B Williams. This one doesn't get the love that the other Ritchie/Oursler/Anghelo tables from that same era seem to get (Taxi, Pin*Bot, BoP, etc..) but it sounds and plays a LOT like Taxi and Funhouse. Fast, excellent light and sound, good gameplay.

2013-07-17+21.45.57.jpg

2013-07-21+16.56.05.jpg

2013-07-06+18.20.40.jpg

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
I have a chance to buy an Addams Family table here in Japan. Unlike America, where previous players may be playing it hard often, the Japanese tend to be gentle with their tables. The price is 5,000$ US. Is this a good buy in your opinion , with the little info I can provide ? I will , of course , head into Tokyo to see it first of all. The seller claims also that he will maintenance and keep the table in shape, and I believe him wholeheartedly. By all means, give me your worst case scenarios , etc. This would be a first buy , and I'd hate to eat dirt right away...:)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Sounds a bit steep for a TAF, but if it's really in pristine condition, it might be worth it. Depends on how rare those are in Japan, you'd really have to check with your locals. :)

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
How many Addams Family tables have you seen? Will you be able to judge if it is a good, average or bad one?

Pinpedia is of little help as Japan is not mentioned
http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/Addams-Family/prices
But then eBay prices cannot be trusted (in UK at least) as they may be shilled and may not be actual prices paid

It depends on what is the going rate in Japan for TAF. in UK the rate is around £2200-£3000 depending on condition. I don't know the US market. If there's none for sale in Japan then any price is a good price.

I am probably not helping much. If you can, take a knowledgeable friend with you. Check the DMD. Make sure that the Thing Flip works. Check for insert lift around the mansion on the playfield, and look at high wear areas like the crypt and electric chair. Does the Greed bookcase revolve properly? Is there much evidence of work done on the boards in the backbox? Any evidence of battery leakage?

Good luck my friend. It's a good game so if you get a good one you will love it.

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks and much appreciated , guys! Good tips to consider. I'm going to play the 'cool' buyer regardless and check it out and then walk away hoping for a cheaper price ,if possible. I'll live even if I can't get it. I have played 2 in my time, so I have some sense of what it should be, but that was over 15 years ago now. Anything else I should be looking at or for ?

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
Do you know how to run any of the diagnostic tests? If not, at least turn the machine off and then back on. You'll see an error message during startup if there are any switch errors.

One of my pet peeves are when a seller says "it's an easy fix". Yeah, if it's so easy then fix it before you put it up for sale!

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Good stuff, thanks again ! :D

I think I'm in a position not to have to rush a decision here ,too, as they aren't in as much of a demand as in the States or elsewhere. They really are a rather niche item since they began to disappear from arcades( around 2000 or so) now for people who may want one in a bar,shop, or restaurant mainly for some atmosphere. Interestingly , a single play costs 100 yen on average ( about $1.00 a play here when you run into one, so they aren't cheap to play ) but almost all arcade games are about the same in that respect. Also, the smaller size of Japanese homes/rooms makes them less appealing to home buyers. Were he to ship it overseas, that would cut into his profit quite a bit as well. The only diagnostics I'm familiar with are the ones on the pro models on TPA, but being able to take in a list of things to look for as you all have mentioned will make me look like a more competent buyer, so many thanks again. Apparently he also has an AFM and Dracula as well...

Last edited:

Members online

Members online