PC - Request Native 360 Controller Support

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I'm really looking forward to the release of TPA on Windows 8. But without controller support it'll be almost worthless to me. After buying all the tables on TPA for OS X (no controller support), PS3 (hate 2-stage flippers), iOS/android (hate touch controls) and 360 (mine died), I have no other platform to turn to. I miss playing TPA competitively, please Farsight tell me you've already implemented great 360 controller support.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
If you like the 360 controller they used to sell the USB wireless adapter modules. You can still get them on Ebay used. Then use a key mapper program like Xpadder and you are golden.

That's what I do with other games on the PC right now and it works great.

On the other hand maybe you can use an arcade interface like the Hotrod type controls and get a more authentic pinball feel like I use to use on VP. I just used a keyboard controller and switches from Happ and built my own.

http://na.suzohapp.com/

Either way it will be way better than touch controls.

Timelord ...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The PC beta for Twilight Zone had 360 controller support already implemented, so I think the Windows 8 version would almost certainly have it.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Great to know Sean, then the wireless controller adapter is all one would need, and only if the controller is question is not hard wired.

Timelord ...

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
That's good news. Custom mapping would be nice as well, but as long as it's mapped like the 360 was I'm fine with that. Here's hoping they're able to offer all the tables that are already out at release. Have they already had a pc beta for the ST: TNG? I backed that for $100.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That's good news. Custom mapping would be nice as well, but as long as it's mapped like the 360 was I'm fine with that. Here's hoping they're able to offer all the tables that are already out at release. Have they already had a pc beta for the ST: TNG? I backed that for $100.
There was no PC beta for ST:TNG. Only 3 backers would have been eligible for it anyway. (This is the pre-release beta I'm speaking of - I've not heard anything recently about the newer "mini-TPA" build.)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
There was no PC beta for ST:TNG. Only 3 backers would have been eligible for it anyway. (This is the pre-release beta I'm speaking of - I've not heard anything recently about the newer "mini-TPA" build.)

Ah fair enough, that's kind of what I had in mind (the new mini-tpa). I don't really care either way. Maybe now because they have a publisher and since seemingly the release is around the corner, they aren't bothering with it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.