iOS - Bug Extra ball issue

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It has never given me less than one, but sometimes it gives me multiple balls when the directions specifically state that you can't stack extra balls.

What some people may not be seeing is that when you lose your ball after earning an extra ball, the ball count goes down 1 (unless it is accidentally awarding you multiple balls, in which case it goes down more tha
1) and then back up to the ball number you were on before, which is what it should do.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Bumping this because it's by far the biggest issue with the table. The leaderboards are completely bonkers because you randomly get extra balls during playing. I have no idea what causes it and I don't think anyone else does either, but it inflates scores and makes playing incredibly uneven. I'd suggest fixing it and wiping the leaderboards afterwards, but I doubt that's going to happen. I just figured I'd give my input since I love the table otherwise, and it's probably my favourite EM offering after Big Shot.

edit: Just to clarify I'm referring to the fact that the table gives out more extra balls at times instead of just the one per ball it's supposed to.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
is this table scripted or emulated? I'm guessing scripted...

I could probably write a better table script, honestly, given accurate info about what triggers and overrides what in the audio and visual department.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I actually saw that same extra ball glitch (ball-in-play counter rolls backwards an extra time) on FIREPOWER, which is also scripted. Whatever the bug is probably applies to the same scripting framework used for both tables.

Genie's scripting seems solid other than that, or at least nobody's reported any known bugs. Nothing like Black Knight's buggy special or Gorgar's drop target timing or Firepower allowing a ball to lock during multiball or Black Hole disallowing multiball more than once per ball.

Members online

Members online