Pinball podcasts

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just listening to the Now Your Playing With Podcast episode 18 which is all about pinball. I haven't added it to the list at the top because as far as I know this is a one off pinball wise. A bit chaotic at the start but they get into some good discussion eventually and talk about a lot of pins they played at papa.

They also mention The Pinball Arcade quite a bit.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for the links! I like The Pinball Podcast, and the TOPcast interviews with pinball industry people are fascinating.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for the links! I like The Pinball Podcast, and the TOPcast interviews with pinball industry people are fascinating.

Yeah the topcast interviews are essential if you are a pinball nerd, such a pity they suddenly stopped recording them. Anyone know why they stopped?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yeah the topcast interviews are essential if you are a pinball nerd, such a pity they suddenly stopped recording them. Anyone know why they stopped?

My guess. Clay Harrell ran out of people willing to talk about the industry. I mean he interviewed a lot but eventually you run out of people that were either willing to talk or worth talking to. I subscribe to Harrell's pinballninja.com webzine which he updates with house call type repair videos on a fairly regular basis. That, along with having a normal life, probably keeps him fairly busy.

Back to the interviews, you can tell sometimes when someone isn't crazy about discussing the industry. I was surprised that he was able to interview Pat Lawlor for such a long period. Although it ends rather abruptly as does the Chris Granner interview. Basically, the "ok, great talking to you but I'm done now" way of closing it out.

They're very few others I can think of, though, that I would have liked to see him interview. Brian Eddy comes to mind. Nonetheless, it's great that he did these podcasts. I've listened to some of them more than once.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
My guess. Clay Harrell ran out of people willing to talk about the industry. I mean he interviewed a lot but eventually you run out of people that were either willing to talk or worth talking to. I subscribe to Harrell's pinballninja.com webzine which he updates with house call type repair videos on a fairly regular basis. That, along with having a normal life, probably keeps him fairly busy.

Back to the interviews, you can tell sometimes when someone isn't crazy about discussing the industry. I was surprised that he was able to interview Pat Lawlor for such a long period. Although it ends rather abruptly as does the Chris Granner interview. Basically, the "ok, great talking to you but I'm done now" way of closing it out.

They're very few others I can think of, though, that I would have liked to see him interview. Brian Eddy comes to mind. Nonetheless, it's great that he did these podcasts. I've listened to some of them more than once.

Thanks for the info. I have listened to a few twice too which makes us both pinball nerds. Who would have thought I couldn't care less about pinball before TPA came out?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Added Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast to the list.

Thanks for pointing this one out. I've downloaded all six and listened to the first two. I like him. He speaks his mind and isn't afraid to call Stern's Rolling Stones an "abomination" which it is. He (I'm sorry, I can't remember his name, yet) also speaks with personality, which can be missing sometimes from these podcasts. Makes me really miss Rob Craig and Steve Rothchild from The Silverball Podcast. Though they are VERY haphazard with their releases, they're very entertaining to listen to and can really play off each other.

As far as Coast 2 Coast goes, I like it better than Pinball Soul but probably not quite as much as The Pinball Podcast, just because their content is so great. Pinball Soul is good for hearing about news that you miss but Josh can really put you to sleep and I don't know how much I can listen to "let's see if we can listen in" before he starts a recording of another interview or podcast. Honestly, I can't help but laugh when he says that anymore. Although, I did like his interview with the modder from dkpinball.com.

Nonetheless, Topcast will always be my favorite followed by the Silverball Podcast just because of Rob and Steve's chemistry.

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for pointing this one out. I've downloaded all six and listened to the first two. I like him. He speaks his mind and isn't afraid to call Stern's Rolling Stones and "abomination" which it is. He (I'm sorry, I can't remember his name, yet) also speaks with personality, which can be missing sometimes from these podcasts. Makes me really miss Rob Craig and Steve Rothchild from The Silverball Podcast. Though they are VERY haphazard with their releases, they're very entertaining to listen to and can really play off each other.

As far as Coast 2 Coast goes, I like it better than Pinball Soul but probably not quite as much as The Pinball Podcast, just because their content is so great. Pinball Soul is good for hearing about news that you miss but Josh can really put you to sleep and I don't know how much I can listen to "let's see if we can listen in" before he starts a recording of another interview or podcast. Honestly, I can't help but laugh when he says that anymore. Although, I did like his interview with the modder from dkpinball.com.

Nonetheless, Topcast will always be my favorite followed by the Silverball Podcast just because of Rob and Steve's chemistry.

I had to laugh when I read your comment about Josh's "let's see if we can listen in". As I read it I could hear it perfectly in my mind with his voice because he says it so often. I like the sound of his voice. Kind of like a Mr. Rogers for pinball.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I like the new coast 2 coast podcast, his format is different to Josh's podcast though so plenty of room for another one. So far he seems to focus on his own recent experiences and then go into a fair amount of detail on a chosen machine. If you can't get enough of pinball there's no reason not to add this to your list.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I like the new coast 2 coast podcast, his format is different to Josh's podcast though so plenty of room for another one. So far he seems to focus on his own recent experiences and then go into a fair amount of detail on a chosen machine. If you can't get enough of pinball there's no reason not to add this to your list.

Thanks. I'm going to listen to it today while I'm in the garage working on my next iPad Mini-Cabinet! :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Nate just banged out a couple more episodes of Coast 2 Coast. I like his attitude and personality he brings to the table. Plus, he has a great sense of humor. The end of episode nine proves it. Anyone, who's ever clicked on a youtube link and got "that video" will know what I mean. :)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah, thanks for turning us on to Coast 2 Coast. I've listened to 7 of them in the last 4 days! He's added two new podcasts since Sunday!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.