Pinball podcasts

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Listening to Coast 2 Coast #19 right now. Nate just gave a shout out to our site and said that this forum is responsible for the 2nd highest amount of traffic to his site. He even mentioned this thread.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Listening to Coast 2 Coast #19 right now. Nate just gave a shout out to our site and said that this forum is responsible for the 2nd highest amount of traffic to his site. He even mentioned this thread.

It was nice to hear Nate give the shout out, I hadn't thought about how this thread could cause increased traffic to his site. It's also nice to hear pinheads acknowledge that games like TPA are partly responsible for the current upsurge in pinball, it's definitely responsible for me being into pinball and owning 3 pins so far.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Added the Arcade Outsiders Podcast - [ iTunes - RSS - YouTube ] to the list. Warning, no pinball in this episode..lol.

If you can't get enough pinball including listening to podcasts you're really spoilt for choice atm, Coast 2 Coast pinball releasing a new episode every couple of days along with pinball soul having very regular releases, then the awesome pinball podcast and gameroom junkies sticking to their monthly schedules along with spooky pinball.

Last edited:

DukeCityPinball

Apr 5, 2012
Whoa, I didn't know about this thread until I heard Nate talk about it on Episode 19 of C2C. Thanks to Kevlar for being so thorough about compiling all the pinball-cenric shows and episodes floating around out there, and thank you all for the kind words about The Pinball Podcast! Jeff and I have fun doing the show, even if we're all over the map sometimes, and we really appreciate everyone for taking the time to listen to our ramblings...

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Whoa, I didn't know about this thread until I heard Nate talk about it on Episode 19 of C2C. Thanks to Kevlar for being so thorough about compiling all the pinball-cenric shows and episodes floating around out there, and thank you all for the kind words about The Pinball Podcast! Jeff and I have fun doing the show, even if we're all over the map sometimes, and we really appreciate everyone for taking the time to listen to our ramblings...

Your welcome Don, your show is one of the best, keep up the good work.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

Love your show Don. I get so excited when my Instacast iPhone app notifies me there's a new episode available. I have a complaint though... once a month isn't enough!! :eek:

Josh Blood

Aug 22, 2013
Thanks to Kevlar for the great topic, and for including RSS links. Makes it really easy for people that actually use RSS when subscribing to a podcast. Although mentioning RSS to anyone in my circle of people would bring a blank stare.

Thanks to people that said something positive about my show, Pinball Soul. It is very encouraging to hear something nice about the show that I put so much of my free time into. I definitely don't mind the falling asleep comments. I fall asleep listening to some of my favorite shows too, and end up going back again and sometimes twice before I get through the whole show!

Thanks to those that brought to my attention that I say the same thing over and over when I'm about to play recorded audio. I didn't know I was that repetitive!

The Pinball Arcade was nice enough to let me test the Steam beta and I've been playing it a lot. I own most of the tables on Android and love it on my Nexus 7 tablet. I agree with some others that think it's a gateway to real pinball machines. For me, it was Visual Pinball/PinMAME. It brought back all my college memories of pinball in arcades in Boston.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
No problem Josh, I really appreciate your show. Going back just a few months and pinball podcasts were very infrequent, now with yours, coast2coast, the pinball podcast and the junkies now is a great time to be a pinball nerd.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Man, I love podcasts and I love pinball, so this is really great. I´m downloading some episodes of Pinball Podcast right now, these guys have great talking voices (something I´m very picky with) and also good microphones (another thing I´m picky with).

Thanks for the list!

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Please keep it up Josh. I really look forward to hearing your new podcasts!

BTW, I joked not to listen to yours if people are tired because your voice will put them to sleep. That was actually a compliment because you've got a great "soothing" voice in the podcast.

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Hey, listening to the new episode of Pinball Soul right now and Josh just mentioned this thread! :)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Is anyone else loving the Random Number Generator Game Reviews in the new episodes of C2C? Basically, he types in a random number from 1-269, finds the Pinside ranking for the table of that number, and TRIES to do a review of it. He did one for SFII in episode 27, and one for Volcano in episode 29. What's he going to review next?

Members online

Members online