Pinball podcasts

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yea. Pinheadz is REALLY good. The hosts have great chemistry and are very relaxed while recording.
They engage well on their Facebook and Blog page as well. The host having a radio background has an effect on the professionalism of this production.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
They engage well on their Facebook and Blog page as well. The host having a radio background has an effect on the professionalism of this production.
Never mind that they make the most of his position by actually recording in the studio he works at!

You don't really notice just how experienced and impressive Rod is as a radio host until you're interviewed by him. I was so nervous leading up to my phone call from them, but he always asks questions that require detailed answers and makes sure that there's never too much attention paid to any one person. After I'd answered a few questions, he'd occasionally refer back to the other three blokes in the room about certain things, but still kept me in the loop as well.

Insanely professional, and makes me appreciate their work as well as those of other podcasts as well.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Added a brand new podcast, The One And Done Pinball Podcast to the list. Just the one episode at the moment, an introduction. They are trying something new here, encouraging pinball fans who have something to say to record their own content and upload it to this podcast. So, if you've ever wanted to get involved in pinball podcasts but don't know where to start here is a great opportunity, get your mic out and start recording.

There's also a thread on Pinside about it.

I subscribed to this podcast today and thanks for mentioning it! I liked hearing from the owner of Cactus Jack and sounds like he has a great selection of pinball tables at his arcade.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not sure how many of you listen to the retro gaming roundup as it is only about 10% pinball normally but this months episode has one of its main segments, top ten, about pinball. Actually its top ten worst pinball machines and runs from about 1 hour 26 mins in and lasts about 1 hour 40.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I love the Arcade Outsiders. Jon Jacobsons personal arcade has some nice pins including a Revenge From Mars.

In contrast I've almost given up on this podcast, so much ****ing about talking about almost anything except arcade and pinball.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just found a new podcast, The Dead flip Pinball Podcast. A good listen, their mission is to talk about strategy for doing well in tournaments. They are also big into streaming on Twitch and have all their videos on youtube, links in the first post.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've just had yet another new pinball podcast brought to my attention, The Pin-Bar Cavern podcast, By a forum member Daniel aka [MENTION=5169]superdan[/MENTION]. He aims to cover TPA a lot as well as concentrating on one machine in detail. First episode is very promising.

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I've just had yet another new pinball podcast brought to my attention, The Pin-Bar Cavern podcast, By a forum member Daniel aka [MENTION=5169]superdan[/MENTION]. He aims to cover TPA a lot as well as concentrating on one machine in detail. First episode is very promising.

Sounds good - I'll certainly give it a shot. How is it length-wise?.....I'm becoming annoyed with overlong shows

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
In contrast I've almost given up on this podcast, so much ****ing about talking about almost anything except arcade and pinball.

O M G.....soooooooo agree. Some personal anecdotes are fun/interesting, but there seem to be certain hosts who think you live for updates on their social life. WE DON'T

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Sounds good - I'll certainly give it a shot. How is it length-wise?.....I'm becoming annoyed with overlong shows
Is your pause button broke?:D The longer the better I say.

1st episode is just over an hour.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.