iOS - Bug bike just bounces up and down after ball

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
after ball 2 the bike just kept bouncing up and down for ever. i was on a great score so i tilted it after about 5 minutes just to get a ball 3, but at the end of that game it did the same thing and i gave up,even though i got the score. i coulda tilted again and just hoped it let me put my initials in, but meh

another thing - i know it's mostly because of the stupid placement of that stupid orange button, right where my right thumb goes, but sometimes even when this isn't the reason, the right flipper is just dead. does not register at all. what's up with that?

iphone4S
latest version of TPA
game is kinda boring to be honest.

in case this ever gets fixed and i'm *really* bored, enough to want to play this again, is there a tips/strategy guide someone can share?

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Bump - this was my previous thread on the same topic, sounds like at least it let me play the next ball after I tilted it to get control back. Mods - please can you delete the other one?

(Today I just posted: I'm sure I posted about this a year or so ago but can't find that now. The bike just bobs up and down. Calling the attendant is cancelled as ball not stuck, there's nothing you can do but tilt and hope it lets you play the next ball.

This happened to me a few times now, always during a fantastic high scoring game. Every time so far, after the tilt it still wouldn't let me back in for the next ball, it just has TILT on the screen and won't go away. Damnation. I was on City no 14 and was on ball 2, and I think at least one EB still unclaimed (as I still can't do the video mode).

iPad Air
Latest software
Happened about 3 times in hundreds of games.

Have others spotted this one?)

Cheers guys. Big shame this, as I'd decided this was gonna be my next table to go back and try, and have put a few hours in already. I'm kinda put off continuing now, if I'm always gonna be dreading this happening while I'm in the groove.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I bettered my previous HS to 1B and change, I reached about 5 cities after the one Milwaukee MB I played, so this may qualify as a long game. Didn't encounter the bug you described and haven't before. I'm on iPad 2 and iOS 6.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Nice one Slam, sounds like we are about the same level then, my top is 7xx but I can definitely smell blood on this game, with the 1000 points set within my reach. Once I conquer the video mode, that should add about 200M to a decent game.

So did you manage to set up the viking's suggested stack of Red Light MB and Milwaukee? These stacks are always just pipe dreams for me, I usually get so excited by what I just achieved that I blow my wad in my pants within about 20 seconds with some Multidrain (TM) action.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
:) Too true, I have my best games if I don't look at the score, and have been known to blow 3 balls in a row when close to surpassing my previous best....but you are in a better position now, because the video mode can be mastered. I only miss it 1 or 2 times per game now, and can do the pattern blindfolded. Stacking is beyond my skill yet, I can do it on TOTAN (stack MB with 3x lightning lamp). On this game I'm happy to reach Milwaukee and get about 40M out of it. I think completing Milwaukee MB is some sort of super duper master wizard goal. I can't see anyone making 24 Harley shots in 80 seconds. But people like Toolinit or the Viking have some unbelievable scores, so I don't put it beyond them.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I think I just figured out what causes the "gasping bike"-bug (to me it looks like a limp fish gasping for air). It happened to me too, just after getting down to 1 ball in a MB and I think the table already lost track of another ball. I could continue to play MB with one ball but when I drained it gave me the bike-bug. Only tilting returned a ball to me in the through, and I continued playing without seemingly any trouble. But when I activated a MB, it just gave me three balls and the same thing happened when I was down to 1 ball: could continue to play the MB but after draining the nodding bike again. So my guess would be that once the game lost track of the one ball, the game is essentially down the drain! And I also think that could be a ROM bug because there are more tables that have that.
Dan, if you reading this topic: I just upped my best to 1.6B finally collecting those 1000 HOF points (I was forever stuck at 914 it seemed). I just went solely for video mode, and only played some MB when I was near one. The trick to getting better was to stay clear from the bumper area as much as possible because that gave the highest chance of a drain. So instead of choosing "next city lit", I went for 10M which feeds the ball to the Stoplight. Also, when inadvertently feeding the bike for Harley MB, a new ball is fed to the through and auto-plunged. With a timely right nudge (just when the ball leaves the through), you can get a ricochet just above the stoplight, also feeding the ball there which gives it safely back to the right flipper. It's not easy but doable. Just keep that nudge ready when you go into the bumper area. Another thing I learned to do is just give a short flip with the right flipper when it's fed from the Stoplight ramp, when timed correctly (just when it comes fully at the flipper on the right side) it goes straight up and is from there controlable, for example with a dead pass to the left flipper. The standup targets that light video mode are also not that hard to hit safely when you get your aim straight. The left most two are best hit from the right flipper, rolling or cradled. The right most two are best hit from the left flipper.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.