Round 2: TPAF Audio Interview With Bobby King

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I hope they will release a new version for PS3. Not getting tables fixed feels like a huge dissapointment and if this is not adressed I will move to PC asap.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The Pinball 2.0 is probably more of an inevitability than not. It could definitely solve the PS3 issues and when X360 resumes, they could probably have it be a new game, get their one free update and sidestep the whole thing. Of course when it does come out, I am guessing it would coincide with the next gen consoles or sometime after.
If they do have to charge for it, it would be great to have the tables that would release for that month be included with it.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
I've bought every Farsight table for Sony platforms on day 1 in order to both support TPA and to get a build on my Vita. But this news is not good.

The sad part is, with TPA coming to PC it seems obvious that this will effectively become the lead version in terms of quality due to ease of updates and hardware capabilities. While that's good for TPA, I'm feeling very discouraged from investing in it after having bought everything for PS3 only to find out the PS3 and Vita version is, effectively, screwed. (Without a TPA 2.0, obviously.)

The only other thing I will say is it will be very bad for business if Farsight releases a superior edition for PS4, with nothing provided as compensation for PS3 purchasers whatsoever. So here's hoping a 2.0 version of the package can be made for PS3 and Vita.

silverjaguar7

Sep 26, 2012
PS3 and Vita are quite a hassle, would be better to just drop their support no? Vita doesn't seem there in terms of hardware quality, better to just play on cellphone and with the PS3, seems like their policy is having negative effects on the consumer.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
PS3 and Vita are quite a hassle, would be better to just drop their support no? Vita doesn't seem there in terms of hardware quality, better to just play on cellphone and with the PS3, seems like their policy is having negative effects on the consumer.

I personally hate playing TPA on my iPod Touch. The Vita blows it away, if only for having actual buttons.
If Farsight were to actually take advantage of the Vita's power, the graphics would blow the iPhone out of the water. It's a shame they don't.

This is another example of quantity over quality unfortunately. Farsight is focusing on iOS/Android because they sell the most, but they are far from the best TA experiences.
Ever successfully nudge, or use the extra buttons in Black Knight on an iPod? Me neither!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012

As a PS3 owner I have to say I disagree with this. : P Anyway, like most publishers they probably won't drop a platform unless it stops making them money.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
I personally hate playing TPA on my iPod Touch. The Vita blows it away, if only for having actual buttons.
If Farsight were to actually take advantage of the Vita's power, the graphics would blow the iPhone out of the water. It's a shame they don't.

This is another example of quantity over quality unfortunately. Farsight is focusing on iOS/Android because they sell the most, but they are far from the best TA experiences.
Ever successfully nudge, or use the extra buttons in Black Knight on an iPod? Me neither!

Oh give me that big PA TV experience via the PS3 anyday over the small screen ipad. :)

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
There have been several mentions of TPA 2.0, and I don't really want us to move towards a new build within the first two years. However, it does raise an interesting question, one that I'm not sure anyone here can answer:

If FarSight ever wanted to do a "sequel" collection or maybe a Gold Edition for consoles that packed all the tables together in one retail release, for instance, would all of the licensing that they've acquired be transferrable to that new product/release? Or would they need to actively renew licensing each time they changed their method of delivery and/or packaged product? Just wondering...

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Jeff, any chance of a Round 3 interview happening?

I was wondering if Bobby has given any indication that he's ready for this. With the two new console reveals, E3, the latest news about the PC and Wii U versions and the T2 Kickstarter, we certainly have a lot to ask about!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sorry mates, summer and warm weather have absorbed my free time these past couple months...but I'll get things rolling again soon.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sorry mates, summer and warm weather have absorbed my free time these past couple months...but I'll get things rolling again soon.

That is just not acceptable, Jeff. Shape up and get back to work ;)

"I hope your having some fun. You deserve it because of all the work you do here and you have a life besides pinball." Well said Frank

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Yes, take your time Jeff. The only reason we're anxious to have a part three is because of the incredible job that you did on the first two parts!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts