Round 2: TPAF Audio Interview With Bobby King

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I was thinking it sounded kind of familiar. Then I was like, this is round 1. Now I am already enjoying the broadcast of round 2!!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's what I got out of this...

Difficulty settings in pro menu.
Same with physical settings.
5 minute challenge! Online head to head next coupla updates maybe.
Data East and Sega next year?
BBB not anytime soon. Emulation not fast enough.
Orbiter 1 sucks!!
Camera zoom off? Very soon.
Wants to make the cab guys happy.
Nudging improvements in the works for mobile.
Initial entry sounds are on their radar.
Game Center achievements and leaderboards, no good news.
PC and PS4 development might lead to improvements in post processing for iPad 4 (well, 5 more realistically.)
The carpet is toast for mobiles!
Steam is a coupla months away. Kickstart build is out next week.
Code can be changed, graphics not on PS3. Only way around that is TPA 2.0
TPA and Sony blog are buds.
The menu is only temp!

Good stuff Jeff, but the interview just suddenly ends mid sentence!! Where's the rest??

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for doing the interview Bobby and Jeff.
Gotta say though, bit disappointed about the PS3 news. Can't help but feel cheated. The packs seem rushed out with zero quality control when they know they can't and won't fix them. I've bought every table so far spending ... What, 60 bucks? And the solution is buy a PS4 for 400 give or take and buy the game over? Just feels like a big middle finger to the fans and supporters that are their paychecks. If it mattered to them the quality would have gone up or they would have real plans for the "2.0".

I know Sony policy isn't their fault but releasing the product like this is.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for doing the interview Bobby and Jeff.
Gotta say though, bit disappointed about the PS3 news. Can't help but feel cheated. The packs seem rushed out with zero quality control when they know they can't and won't fix them. I've bought every table so far spending ... What, 60 bucks? And the solution is buy a PS4 for 400 give or take and buy the game over? Just feels like a big middle finger to the fans and supporters that are their paychecks. If it mattered to them the quality would have gone up or they would have real plans for the "2.0".

I know Sony policy isn't their fault but releasing the product like this is.

Chalk me up as another PS3 user that's dissapointed with this news. I don't understand why they're releasing these tables that look almost nothing like the preview pics and videos that are put out. What is the problem with this platform that keeps FarSight from getting the tables to look good? I love AFM and it plays well so I can overlook the contrasty graphics but I won't ever touch Genie again with how awful it looks. I have to say that, from now on, I'll wait to hear feedback on the forum before picking up the PS3 version. Especially if it's a table pack that I'm only mildly interested in.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Another great interview with lots to look forward to. Thanks again to both Bobby and Jeff.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Chalk me up as another PS3 user that's dissapointed with this news. I don't understand why they're releasing these tables that look almost nothing like the preview pics and videos that are put out. What is the problem with this platform that keeps FarSight from getting the tables to look good? I love AFM and it plays well so I can overlook the contrasty graphics but I won't ever touch Genie again with how awful it looks. I have to say that, from now on, I'll wait to hear feedback on the forum before picking up the PS3 version. Especially if it's a table pack that I'm only mildly interested in.

What's disappointing for me is what this means for Vita. The launch tables looked pretty good (especially Ripley's), but every table pack that's come out since then has gotten lower and lower quality. Scared Stiff in particular is a blurry, low-res mess. Knowing the newer tables will never be on the level of Ripley's is just a shame.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, the PS3 news.

Seconding what has already been said...if you know you can't go back and fix the graphics, why would you put out something that is so glaringly obvious like Genie? One thing to release a buggy table who's code can be fixed, but a whole nother thing releasing what can't. I really had hoped that the Black Knight disaster would have opened their eyes to this, but there's been glaring graphical glitches on a few tables since.

FarSight, please do Pinball Arcade 2.0 and don't think for a moment we'll complain about the download size. We'd welcome it if it meant for all the tables to have a consistent look to them, that silly graphics errors like the partial lights on ST:TNG would be corrected just as the botch job of Black Knight would. And I'm sure Vita owners would positively jump for joy.

In the meantime, don't release what isn't ready. The pit you're in is plenty deep, no need to dig it further.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I was kind of hoping to hear something, anything about a modern Stern table. The response was about every aspect of Stern's history except the present. Oh well. I hope we do get something at some point just for the sake of balance.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was kind of hoping to hear something, anything about a modern Stern table. The response was about every aspect of Stern's history except the present. Oh well. I hope we do get something at some point just for the sake of balance.

Yeah, I didn't bring it up today because I had asked Bobby about that the day before in preparation for the interview and he didn't have anything promising to say about it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, I didn't bring it up today because I had asked Bobby about that the day before in preparation for the interview and he didn't have anything promising to say about it.

Good to know. I'm sure they are always working on getting licensing deals secured but that has to be one of those things that almost never goes easy or smooth. Hopefully something will come together sooner than later.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.