This seems a lot harder than the real life version.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Someone recently mentioned that they played three different CC machines, and none were nearly as hard as the TPA version. We might have the same issue here, as this is definitely harder than the IRL version I've played. Anyone else had a similar experience?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I have only played it 3 or 4 times at this point but its FAST. Really FAST. I also notice the new flipper physics. I have not played real pinball in decades so I have no idea how realistic it is, but I can now pass the ball and manipulate it easier than before. It's a challenge that is for sure!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I would say it is quite easy actually. As pezpunk said, just hold the right flipper. It will go up the inner right lane, almost drop to the outer and then go back the inner again...100% of the time. Fail safe.

What it is though, is the best game so far. LOVE it!

mdmost

Apr 2, 2013
It seems harder to get a ball lock on the TPA version but it definitely plays really well. The kick out is fantastic. My only criticism would be the audio on the voices which seems really muffled. That might just be what they had on file but it seems really garbled.

The pro menu is great. I feel foolish not doing that for Star Trek TNG. The ball control feature alone is great.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
I would say it is quite easy actually. As pezpunk said, just hold the right flipper. It will go up the inner right lane, almost drop to the outer and then go back the inner again...100% of the time. Fail safe.

This isn't quite true. On one occasion it fired so hard that it flew up the inlane and rocketed into the outlane. Not sure if I could've saved it with a good nudge, because it caught me completely off guard. I've played the TPA version about 40 times and it only ever happened that one time. But I do agree that it's a very, very safe move. Much better than dead bouncing.

I almost fear it's too safe, but whatever. Good way to pick up river letters, and also easy to get an "extra ball" when it's lit, just nudge from the right side as it comes up the inlane. Normally that extra ball is a monster to hit.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think this feels about right. Easier than the real thing but still fun and challenging. Such a well designed table both visually and layout wise. Who doesn't love those ramps? Glad this turned out so well on TPA.

Vorlon

Oct 1, 2012
When the ball comes out of the PS3 whirlpool, it's almost guaranteed to drain in the right outlane. No fun!
I find the Vita version much more enjoyable than the PS3 version

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
When the ball comes out of the PS3 whirlpool, it's almost guaranteed to drain in the right outlane. No fun!
I've never experienced that on the PS3.

I just hold the right flipper up before the ball ejects. The ball will skiddy up the right inlane and go back down the right inlane every time.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just hold the right flipper up before the ball ejects. The ball will skiddy up the right inlane and go back down the right inlane every time.

Same on iOS. For me balls coming out of the boulders are the real crap shoot, but that's how the real pin plays. The table plays very fair to me.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I've never experienced that on the PS3.

Also when doing this, make sure that lane is lit, so you collect 2 river letters ! I've never had a ball drain up until now when holding the right flipper up.
I find this table easy. I'm currently holding the number 1 place in monthly (29th overall) and I'm pretty sure I'm able to do better than that, as my score was basically achieved on the first ball and I played incredibly bad after that.
I did play the real life table in the past, but I can't remember if it was more difficult or not.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
This one has a nastier kickout than the one I play, but the rest seems pretty accurate to me.

The kickout seems much more forgiving compared to the one on mine. Seems I can consistently catch the ball on the right flipper on TPA (and score two RIVER spots in the process!). On my White Water, this is very rare, and it's much safer to let it bump over to the left one. Nudging from below helps at achieving this, but once in a rare while it will just bump slowly into the middle.
I need to practice seeing this coming and pull a shot on the fly when it does.

karl

May 10, 2012
Same with mine, Sumez. It is much more random on mine than the one on TPA. The game is harder in real life in other aspects also (I have tried 3 different ones), but I still believe Farsight did a fine job on this. The only ones I feel are harder on TPA than in real life are CC and Champ Pub of those I have tried

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.