White Water Promo Video

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

I'd prefer a slightly warmer look but if the PS3 version is close to this I'll be happy.

Edit: You know what? I probably should have posted this in the White Water section. Mod, please move if you think so.

Last edited by a moderator:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Interesting, this is the first video to explicitly state "Gameplay on Xbox 360". My question is still, if it isn't likely to be released any time soon why not show footage from the PS3 version?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The 360 version is always the first one developed, so video from it is available earlier on than video from the PS3 version.

N

netizen

The colours on this video are so much cooler than on the Android version. It doesn't look like there's a giant spot light shining on the centre of the table; Android looks totally sun bleached and washed out in comparison.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
The colours on this video are so much cooler than on the Android version. It doesn't look like there's a giant spot light shining on the centre of the table; Android looks totally sun bleached and washed out in comparison.

Shadows make all the difference. Perhaps iPad will get shadows one day. :p

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I have to say that this is one of my favourite tables and FarSight have done a fantastic job in recreating it! :)

I had no doubt that this would be one of the most challenging tables yet for FarSight to produce, and to make it look anywhere near as good as this. Bobby confirmed this himself in his latest audio interview with Jeff, and I completely understand the challenges involved.

All of the geometry and clear plastics make this one beast of a table, so making it not only look good but also maintaining TPA's 60fps on the Xbox360 is quite an achievement!

If there is one thing I would have a bash at changing, it would only be to brighten up the playfield slightly. I think it looks a little dull compared to the rest of the table imho, but that's being picky. I understand the trade off between making the playfield bright and colourful, and having the lamps glow brightly but I think there is a bit of room to make the playfield a little brighter.

On the whole though, a fantastic looking job from FarSight.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Keep up the great work and if you want me to test the PC version just let me know! ;)

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I have set my expectations low for the PS3 release, so I won't be disappointed in the color and or lightning since the 360 videos are not representative of the PS3 product (unfortunately). Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of TPA and it is basically the only game I play on the PS3 since it was released in EU ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.