First impression

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The vast majority of the balls I lose are down that right outlane. I'm starting to think that right outlane doesn't like me.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just make sure you keep that Airlock open as often as possible.

I'm trying. My biggest issue is that the bumpers love to throw the ball down that right side. Even though I know it's coming I haven't figured out how to nudge out of it yet. Fun table though.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'm trying. My biggest issue is that the bumpers love to throw the ball down that right side. Even though I know it's coming I haven't figured out how to nudge out of it yet. Fun table though.

Cristobal gave a good tip for this...

To open the airlock (ie hit the 3 drop targets in the passage to the right of the shuttle) without sending the ball to the bumpers.
Cradle on the left flipper, then bank your shots off the "T, L, E" spot targets to gently hit the drop targets without going fully up the passage to the bumpers.

amydatah.jpg

It'll quite often float around the drops, so a good nudge can take the full set down in one hit, with no risk of the bumpers.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
I have been playing this table a lot but I find it very hard to master. I haven't even hit three million yet. There's something about the angles that I don't seem to get. Even the shuttle-shot (to activate multiball) is hard. And of course the drain monster that is the right outlane...
Well, will keep trying. It should be easier than this.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Thanks. Well, it is frustrating at times, but on the other hand I love the table and have no plans on giving it up.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Yes, you could play the old PHOF version pretty long without any trouble.

Does anyone know if the bumpers on the real table behave like this and shoot the ball so frequently into the right outlane? Or is this another example of tweaking a table that would have been too easy otherwise?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I think it was tweaked to be extra nasty... though there's a reason the game has that saver gate...

That said the game was supposed to be something any old casual player could start a multiball on. So i think it's harder than real life.

Specifically, the slope is really jacked up and the flippers are juiced to make up for it. This cause balls coming out of the bumpers to go for right outlane instead of the TLE targets.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.