Request A free camera to fly over the table

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Hi,

Sorry if this request has already be made, I don't find it somewhere else on the forum.

It would be great if we could freely fly over a table, to admire artworks, details, read all the tiny texts.

Let's say... on PS3, maintain square or circle button, and move with the D-Pad or stick...:rolleyes:

Thanks for reading.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
You want to FLY you gotta BUY! :p

That's the reason I buy most Pro Packs is for the table exploration option. I really wish they would offer this option for all the tables in TPA. I would pay a buck per table to see details in the tables I have never played before TPA.

A good example is Space Shuttle. I've looked at all the images I can find, but can't find one with clear enough detail of the spinner value arrows at the top of the table. I would like to know how many times I need to complete the drop targets in the spinner lane to achieve my goal.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
A good example is Space Shuttle. I've looked at all the images I can find, but can't find one with clear enough detail of the spinner value arrows at the top of the table. I would like to know how many times I need to complete the drop targets in the spinner lane to achieve my goal.

It doesn't explain that in the rules? (I don't have the table yet so I have no idea.)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
That's the reason I buy most Pro Packs is for the table exploration option. I really wish they would offer this option for all the tables in TPA.

Oh, sorry, after viewed a video about Pro mode, I actually believed that you can only control the ball (and apparently, it doesn't work well), not fly freely over the table, like the camera view on the table, during the start screen (the one with the big yellow button).

Well, too bad. I won't fly because I won't buy. :(

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
For the SS spinner value, I believe the answer is 6 times. It starts at 1000 and increased by 1000 every time you complete it.

I do like a lot of the pro options. Is it worth the extra money? That's dependent on how much you plan to utilize it. I did get the pro mode with my TZ and ST:TNG from my kickstarter contributions and it is fun to play with but with a couple exceptions, I can't see myself buying it for more than a couple tables. If you want to beat every mode and get wizard mode on a table then it is probably worth it. If you enjoy the details with the movable camera, that is also worth it (my main reason to consider buying it on a few machines since they have gorgeous artwork).

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Well, in the last audio interview, Bobby also talked about them adding difficulty settings to Pro Mode--so you could play the table with tournament-style settings, outlane posts removed and so forth. Which sounds awesome but also kind of a bummer because I really want difficulty settings but have pretty much zero use for the other Pro Mode stuff, so I'd be plunking down the money just for difficulty settings, guh.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well they have had a couple tournaments but so far it has been based off of playing the game with the default settings. I wonder if they could have the tournaments have alternate settings without having to buy a pro version. Like a one ball challenge or even the time limit challenge they mentioned. I also would be curious if you'd have to download the table again to add those tournament options or if they would have a workaround.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
What Bobby said in the interview was that the tournaments might have the tables set to their hard difficulty, and you could play them that way in the tournament without having to buy the Pro Pack for that table, but of course you wouldn't be able to practice at that difficulty on your own without buying the Pro Pack. It sounds like this is all still being decided though, so details may change.

Members online

Members online