Space Shuttle Tactics & Strategies

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
Is the right outlane as brutal on the real table as it is in TPA? I swear, 8 or 9 out of 10 plunges, the ball goes straight to the airlock from the bumpers, and then I lose it down the right outlane not long after that. It's like the right outlane is sucking the ball in.

Also, I nearly always lose my shots at Extra Balls/Specials because I get nervous, and end up draining or hitting the Shuttle roulette target. There's nothing that irritates me more than hearing "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" ... Well, maybe "Close Airlock" irritates me more, since I lose my airlock on plunge so often.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
yeah i lost a ball on my most recent game to the LEFT outlane and i was like "oh ... there's a LEFT outlane? huh!"

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The worst part is to re-close it requires you to shoot the drops by the spinner that feeds to the pop bumpers that feed the ball right to the airlock. Fffff Grrrrr!!! almost makes gorgars right outlane seem fair. The tops of the slings seem to still be an issue.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
This table was EASY on hall of fame. on the psp version there's a bug. EVERY time you complete USA after 6x lights extra ball. SO when yo get to 7x, shoot the half ramp, get extra ball, shoot the spinner or lock a ball, get the usa lanes, shoot the half ramp to collect extra ball, get the ball back up to the USA lanes... I really doubt that works on the real thing, though with a lot of luck you can still stack them up with the help of shuttle awards.

I actually got bored.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Anyone want some actual strategy? I put up a new #1 leaderboard score at 40 million last night.

The primary goal is the spinner lane with the drop targets, because that's where you get your extra balls. Reaching 7x bonus and 7000 spinner value each light an EB every time. I think you have to accept the right outlane drain risk from the bumpers, the EBs are too important. To save outlane drains, nudge hard leftwards BEFORE the ball reaches the outlane - you want to slam the rubber wall above the outlane into the ball.

Opening the airlock is the priority whenever it's closed. When it's closed, aim for the drops only from the left flipper by rebound off the T-L-E targets. It's not 100% safe but is the best you can do. With the airlock gate open, I prefer the right flipper for a direct shot at the drops. Don't shoot a lock when the the airlock gate is closed - remember you need to survive the re-plunge into the bumpers.

Multiball isn't important. I never shoot for the right lock. I shoot for the left lock occasionally, when there's a fast feed to the right flipper that can't hit anything else. I also don't aim for the center drop to open multiball, but will shoot the ramp when the drop already happens to be out of the way. Never worry about locking the 3rd ball, it doesn't get you anything, just take the 2 ball multi. Once in multiball, the safe thing is just to trap on the left and continue shooting the spinner with the right.

Eyes on the prize, keep chasing those extra balls via the spinner. Ignore the stop-and-score, it's fun but doesn't get you towards EBs. Ignore the Shuttle value unless it's an EB, don't waste risk by trying to shoot letters. And ignore the half-ramp too, it's easier to rerandomize the Shuttle value by just collecting it via inlane-spotted letters once you reach 5x bonus.

Most of the scoring comes from the spinner itself. When maxed at 7k per spin, it can yield 70k for a good shot, more than the average for stop-and-score, and is always available with no drop target in the way.

Warning: Lit EBs don't stack! If you light the 7x bonus or 7000 spinner EB, collect it before you light the other one!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.