Hack to see the ball under the ramp (and make that "impossible" trapdoor shot)

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Hack to see the ball under the ramp (and make that "impossible" trapdoor shot)

As you already know there is a bug that won't let you see the ball when it is looping behind Rudy, which makes hitting the trapdoor loop shot pretty much impossible since you have to rely on rhytm or just plain luck. The major reason for this is that you cannot see the ball under the ramp. So far, so bad, and we all know this.

Well, today I realized something that actually solves this...

*drumroll*

Change the ball into another custom skin! I changed it into the red one and suddenly the ball was visible under the ramp. This, made the trapdoor shot and whole new thing.

Yeay!

Edit: Tried and made that last goal in my 1st attempt. This, after some 50+ attempts with the silver ball.

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
this is a great solution Cristobal.... good lateral thinking ;)

i find the lurid green is even higher visibility seeing as the playfield up underneath the left orbit is already a deep red colour.

I don't need the trapdoor shot for any wizzard goals but it was most annoying not to be able to reliably shoot the trapdoor....especially when it counts for big points!

many thanks for this...hopefully i'm can start challenging the FH leaderboards now
Day

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I'll be keeping an eye out... since my Taxi #1 was overtaken by a cheater, this is the other one I still have...heh

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Cheers for this. Ticked off this goal for the third time this morning and improved my high score to 125m! Woo.

Yellow ball was best for me(smiley faced one)

Also now upto 39th in the phof points leaderboard woo!

Pod

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
Amazing what a difference this makes. I chose the green ball and on my second play got the elusive 4-way combo and am making many more trapdoor loops than before so the last goal won't be long to be captured.

Thanks for the tip!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like I can see the ball better with a custom ball. I'm really liking them!

Members online

Members online