Where's the Extra Ball in Video Mode?!

invitro

May 4, 2012
It only gives you an EB if you haven't been doing well or getting many extra balls recently.

Here's a bit from the r.g.p 1994 rulesheet at http://pinball.org/rules/startrekthenextgeneration.html . Emphasis added. Maybe you can get the EB by playing it really early in the game, I guess by getting 3 Beta ramps ASAP.

There is an extra ball in there too. It has been found that: L-L-R-R-L-L-R-L-L-L- (L= Left, R= Right) awards 10M - 10M - 0M - 30M - 30M - 30M - 0M -10M or Extra Ball - 30M - artifact for a total of 159M + artifact (10 million less if you got the EB). You will NOT get the extra ball if you have gotten one that game already, and eventually during that run of credits, it'll stop giving extra ball permanently. This may not be true for earlier ROMs.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm pretty sure I've played an STTNG where getting the EB once per game was normal. It may have been in the operator settings though. Whatevs, in the TPA version, if you get the EB, chances are that you are indeed having a crappy game.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
That's not true. The EB is available every single game in TPA, at least if you reset the ROM between games. I've never seen it fail to appear on the right path. It is only once per game, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.