HOF points: what tables (if any) have you got 1000 points on?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
for the large majority of us, 1000 points is a pipe dream on any table, but there are around 40 players with over 10,000 points (5 with over 15,000, around 100 with over 8000) from the 28 tables, so there's clearly some of you scoring 1000s here and there

so what tables did you get maximum points on?

K

Korven

Two so far; Funhouse & Elvira and the Party Monsters.

Actually got 1K HoF point for Elvira on my phone and are sitting at 994 on the tablet, should be a walk in the park if the EB's would stack as they do on some platforms...

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Gorgar, Black Hole and Monster Bash.

I am at 967 on EATPM. Really no desire to try to increase that table anymore.

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
thanks for the ideas, gonna have a go at trying to win some big points somewhere - my highest for any table is still only 471, so i have a way to go yet :(

i theorise that the ones i already have the biggest points on are the ones i am most likely to win more on. it's sad, but i'm thinking of buying an ipad just for even better TPA gameplay - can anyone with both iphone and ipad confirm if the difference is worth it?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
it's sad, but i'm thinking of buying an ipad just for even better TPA gameplay - can anyone with both iphone and ipad confirm if the difference is worth it?

Yes. And afterwards, you may never go back to the tiny screened iphone again. Maybe while you're waiting in line for something, sure, but otherwise, it'll be all ipad afterwards.

Jul 2, 2012
I have 1 000 points on four tables:
  • Black Hole
  • Medieval Madness
  • Attack from Mars
  • Monster Bash
Currently 11 000-something in total. This is on Macintosh which is my preferred platform.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Elvira And The Party Monsters and Twilight Zone. Both repeatable shots for big points.

791 on Black Hole(Lower Play field multi ball) 728 on Cirqus Voltaire (Ringmaster Battle million point shots).

It's all about repeatability and predictability. Also, they are getting much, much stingier on newer tables, so if you want the big points you should work on the back catalogue (pre-genie).

Also, iPad is VASTLY superior to iPod or iPhone.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm at 11.403 total HOF points, currently spot 19 on the Farsight leaderboard and #17 on Gamecenter. I have 3 tables at 1000 points:
- Black Hole
- Black Knight
- Creature from the Black Lagoon
And yes, black also is my favorite color! :)
I have some 3 tables around 750-800 points. There are also definitely some tables on which I never ever will reach a 1000, like Genie, Dr. Dude and Cactus Canyon. Every release after Genie has had it's HOF requirements ramped up like crazy. That's a bit of a mixed blessing imho, it's more of a challenge but in some cases it doesn't feel properly scaled to the difficulty of the table. On all of the tables that I score high on in regard to HOF points, I have established repeatable, safe patterns. Then it becomes essentially a game of precision and endurance. Some tables are too unpredictable to establish any safe pattern, then you just have to have your super game skills on and the form of the day. Happy HOF hunting!
Slam23

Last edited:

maestroreese

Aug 8, 2012
Hey y'all, I'm at 1K on gorgar, rbion, tales, bh, bride, mm, cv, creature, bash, bk, Elvira, ngg, scared, tz, and st:tng. I found CV, Elvira, scared, bride, and hole to be the easiest. Gorgar, ngg, tz, and st:tng were wicked hard and all about the endurance war. My current HoF is 21,205. I would DEFINITELY say iPad is huge-I can't even play on iPhone anymore.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i've got 1000 points on Twilight Zone, Black Hole, Funhouse, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Bride of Pinbot, and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Six total.

i never put any time into Ripleys, but I played one game of it last night for the first time in a very long time, and I figured out a couple shots and got about 750 points. got to Atlantis and Frog Frenzy (or whatever its called) without even knowing how to do it! i figure i can get to 1000 if i try again. it sure takes a while, though!

maybe i'll give TOTAN another shot as well. Judging by this thread, i should take on that, Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, and maybe Black Knight. I'm close to 1000 on STTNG, but i'm gonna wait until they fix the launch button bug first.

for whatever reason CV just kicks my butt. i cannot get a decent score there. can't figure out the repeatable shots. same thing with NGG.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i really think the "new" PHOF points scale is a mistake or needs some adjustment. having a marathon or epic game on a newer table and only getting 100 points (or like ... 20 points in some cases!) kinda kills my will to play those tables. it also makes them a lot less important towards your total PHOF score. i don't see the benefit. if this was done in response to people complaining that the tables are too easy, then Farsight missed the point of the complaint. :(

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
i really think the "new" PHOF points scale is a mistake or needs some adjustment. having a marathon or epic game on a newer table and only getting 100 points (or like ... 20 points in some cases!) kinda kills my will to play those tables. it also makes them a lot less important towards your total PHOF score. i don't see the benefit. if this was done in response to people complaining that the tables are too easy, then Farsight missed the point of the complaint. :(

I would have to agree, along with the minor bugs of a few of those newer tables making the higher PHOF scores even more unreachable, it has made me go back and play the older packs to pass time until the new packs come out.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
i now have 1000 on these: MB, BK, CFTBL, EATPM, AFM, PB
close but no cigar: FH

based on your list, i will have to concentrate on milking that goodness out of BH, Centaur and W?D, all of which seem achievable

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I just tipped over the 25.000 HOF points with 967 on WhoDunnit. Don't you hate it when that happens? :)
I have 1000 points on the following tables:

Black Hole
The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot
Medieval Madness
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Black Knight
No Good Gofers
Twilight Zone
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Attack From Mars
Pin*Bot

950+: