Firepower lost track of number of balls during multiball

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just encountered a bug where Firepower lost track of the number of balls during multiball. On my first ball, I started multiball. During multiball, two of the balls drained leaving me with just one, but the table went into the end of ball bonus mode and moved the ball counter to the next ball (Ball 2) and launched another ball. So I had two balls in play, and draining one did the exact same thing (end of ball bonus, table moved the counter ahead to Ball 3, and launched another ball). Then the next drain ended the game (since the table thought that was the end of Ball 3), even though I still had one ball active on the playfield.

We really need ROM emulation :(

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I soft plunged, the ball just made it into play, but the camera stayed in the plunger and flippers were unresponsive :(

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Can we please get this fixed? I never had this issue until today and I have been playing this table exclusively for the last week. The second time it happened today I was on a great game with 700+ on the first ball and "bang"...game over.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Had this happen again, but instead of the ball draining and game ending, it was shot into a scoop during multiball and the game ended.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
And now got the infamous continuous bonus counter. Thought that was at least fixed. Hope Farsight takes their month break soon and fixes this garbage.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Bump. This happened to me too playing Firepower tonight (PC), although only once in several hours of playing. Draining the second ball of a multiball started the bonus countup and incremented the ball-in-play counter.

That makes three years-old bug threads for Firepower that have seen no improvement. I'm not buying any more from Farsight (including anything for the TAF kickstarter) until they give some attention to these past shoddy quality mistakes.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Not sure what causes it, cause I don't remember having this problem before. Anyway, same thing. Activated multiball on ball 3. Eventually, two of the balls drained almost simultaneously, and the game ended despite still having one ball left in the playfield .

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
The thing I always get during multiball is when I get the holes flashing to lock a ball. When I put a ball in a 'flashing' hole, it locks the ball.....Which shouldn't happen during multiball.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The thing I always get during multiball is when I get the holes flashing to lock a ball. When I put a ball in a 'flashing' hole, it locks the ball.....Which shouldn't happen during multiball.
This can be used to your advantage. Start multiball. Complete 1-6 to relight a lock. Lose one of the three balls (because you need one physically in the trough.) Lock a ball. The game will replace the locked ball with a new one in the plunger lane... which you can leave there as a backup! Play with the remaining ball, and if it drains, then you can plunge that backup ball to keep going.

When in this "backup ball" situation, don't lock the one ball remaining in play, or else you'll have to plunge the backup ball.

I have no idea if this behavior is true to the real table.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Hi, as I wrote a few minutes in PS3 Tourney section, this bug still exists. Pretty disappointing. Id like to score well, but not this way. If it is impossible to fix, table should not be in tournament

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Draining the second ball of a multiball started the bonus countup and incremented the ball-in-play counter.

Firepower is not a table I play a lot, but I decide to dive into it to improve my weak highscore, and the bug happens to me for the first time this past night (but three times in a row, in three different games :/)

The only difference is that it stucks the table: the bonus countup starts during a ball play (after a multiball) and never ends. Once there's no more ball on the playfield, the bonus countup still increases and... voilà. Call attendant doesn't work, impossible to tilt. Requires to quit the game.

This can be used to your advantage. Start multiball. Complete 1-6 to relight a lock. Lose one of the three balls (because you need one physically in the trough.) Lock a ball. The game will replace the locked ball with a new one in the plunger lane... which you can leave there as a backup! Play with the remaining ball, and if it drains, then you can plunge that backup ball to keep going.

When in this "backup ball" situation, don't lock the one ball remaining in play, or else you'll have to plunge the backup ball.

I thought that too (yay, a backup ball!), but unfortunately, losing the ball in play starts the bonus countup forever, like stated above. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.